Background and purpose
We are the only UK-wide charity for all those affected by a genetic bleeding disorder; a community of individuals and families, healthcare professionals and supporters.
For 70 years we have campaigned for better treatment, been a source of information and advice, and supported people living with long-term conditions.
We want to ensure that everyone affected by a bleeding disorder:
- Lives the best life that they can
- Never feels alone or isolated
- Feels empowered and confident
We do this by:
- Raising awareness about bleeding disorders
- Providing support at all life stages
- Influencing and advocating on policy and access to treatment
More than 30,000 men, women and children in the UK have a diagnosed bleeding disorder, and the number rises every year. Membership of The Haemophilia Society is free and open to all.
The Grants & Trust Fundraiser is a new role, and would be perfect for someone looking for a step up into grant fundraising or someone looking for a second role. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing our grant and trust fundraising programme, building on the work done over the last year we have achieved through a consultancy. Your role will require you to build strong working relationships with our members, community, fundraisers, external groups and the trust/foundation officers and representatives to create a sustainable income stream. This is a new role as part of our future investment in fundraising.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising and Engagement you will be responsible for developing our trust fundraising capability; that will include but not limited to, investigating, researching and constructing applications for new funding. You must possess excellent communication skills that are required to ensure we demonstrate a strong case for support.
To be successful in this role you will have some experience and/or understanding of raising income from trusts, foundations and major grants together with excellent research, communication and relationship development skills.
You will be working with a small, yet, dynamic team that are used to taking both initiative and responsibility. During the first 6 - 12 months, the successful candidate will be expected to establish themselves in the new role and develop our trust fundraising strategy.
Following successful completion of a probation period, there will also be flexible working opportunities.
Main role responsibilities
• Lead on prospect research (trusts, foundations and major donors)
• Contribute to our other fundraising strategy activity and initiatives
• Ensure reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes are robust and provide the necessary information to the Head of Fundraising
• Develop a case for support that meets the needs of our target groups, in line with our aims, objectives and vision
• Work closely with the team and translate information accurately to ensure effective communication across all departments.
• Produce applications that are easily understood, yet, incorporating compelling cases for support in order to secure trust income
• Contribute to our communications strategy (including social media and online) for fundraising support
• Raise an agreed income target from trusts, foundations and major grants within the year, taking personal responsibility for monitoring, recording and reporting on income performance
• Maintain records of the current live applications and report on the numbers and levels of applications each month
• Develop, prepare and submit high quality funding applications to trusts in line with their requirements as part of the overall fundraising strategy and contribute to the achievement of the charity’s overall fundraising target
• Maintain up-to-date information on the status of funding applications and to communicate this as appropriate
• Undertake targeted research to put the charity in the best possible position to secure trust support
Trust Income Management
• Ensure all funder reporting commitments are fulfilled to a high standard and within deadlines
- A warm, compassionate and empathetic personality with the ability to develop positive relationships with people from all backgrounds including members and health professionals and staff/trustees of external funders
- Be an effective member of the team, recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals in the team and presenting a positive impression of the team and The Society.
- Enthusiastic and fun with drive and determination to meet targets.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in preparing communications and events.
- A highly motivated, supportive and collaborative team worker.
- Values-driven with a proven commitment to social inclusion and equal opportunities.
- Due to the nature of our work with children and vulnerable adults, this role will require a DBS check and checks on previous employment.
• Prior experience of and successful track record in raising income from a range of trusts, foundations and grant giving bodies or similar activity.
• Experience of putting together successful funding applications
• Ability to present persuasively to individuals and groups
• Ability to conduct thorough and detailed research off and online
• Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external contacts to deliver successful fundraising relationships
• Strong ability to plan ahead and manage multiple priorities effectively
• Good interpersonal skills exhibiting a positive, creative and proactive approach
• Good negotiation skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and oral
• Ability to interpret and present data in a persuasive way
• Good organisational skills and self-motivation
• Target driven and able to work to and meet tight deadlines
• Keen attention to detail
• To be able to contribute as needed to annual accounts, budgets and overview of financial data
• Excellent IT skills preferably including experience of working with a CRM database (RE:NXT) .Training opportunities will be available as part of your role.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please send us a covering letter telling us why you would be the best person for this role. Please also include a copy of your most recent CV.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.