Our new CEO of The Harbour Project will be taking up this opportunity at a time of strategy refresh which will see the charity build a strong base of diversified income streams with a focussed strategic direction. We want a CEO who will infuse the organisation with confidence, vision and a clear strategy for the future.
By managing the relationship between the staff and the Board of Trustees, the CEO will provide the leadership to ensure that The Harbour Project continues to build its profile, breadth and depth of service delivery. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is committed to delivering a service that makes a genuine difference to the lives of asylum seekers and refugees in Swindon.
Please enclose your CV and a personal statement explaining why you think you would be suitable for the role (no more than 2 sides A4).
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A 12-MONTH CONTRACT FOR 21 HOURS A WEEK
- Deliver the targets of the strategic and fundraising plans, as approved by the Board of Trustees and in line with the budget and the delegation of authority.
- Accountable for the organisations well-being, administration and financial management.
- Oversee the operational management of the staff team, including maintaining up to date HR policies.
- Build external networks to promote and expand the charity’s reach and income, acting as a principal spokesperson for The Harbour Project.
- Expand and diversify the fundraising base to secure long term stability.
- Oversee the charity’s operational financial expenditure and support the Board and Treasurer in ensuring all relevant information is provided to them.
- Represent the organisation at external events and meetings.
- Maintain awareness of the legislative, political and external environment that affect the organisation.
- Build an effective working relationship with the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
- Report regularly to the Trustee Board and attend all meetings of the Board and its sub-committees.
- Ensure the organisation fulfils its legal, statutory and regulatory responsibilities.
- Represent the organisation to the media and give interviews.
- Motivate the staff and volunteers to deliver services of the highest standard.
- Ensure the charity’s structure is fit for purpose and make recommendations to the Board when changes are warranted.
- Model good behaviour and values.
- Monitor key indicators as incorporated into the Strategic Plan and set out in restricted grants, ensuring these are achieved and that their progress is reported to the Board.
- Strong commitment to the Harbour Project’s values and purpose
- Results-oriented, with a strong history of delivering ambitious targets
- Experience in change management and organisational governance
- Fundraising experience and track record
- Excellent understanding of charity governance and organisational effectiveness best practice
- Leadership skills
- Excellent financial literacy including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong advocacy skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including networking. Ability to convey vision and strategy to employees, stakeholders and volunteers.
- Ability to draft, understand, develop and interpret budgets and management accounts.
- Huge amounts of drive and energy.
- Able to work occasional early mornings/ evenings/ weekends for networking and fundraising purposes.
- Senior management experience, preferably in the charity sector, ideally as a CEO of Fundraising or a CEO
- Experience of working with asylum seekers and refugees, along with an in-depth understanding of the associated legal and procedural frameworks impacting such individuals.
- Experience working in a charity with an income below £500,000 per year.
- Experience working in, to or with Boards or committees.