If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding role such as Community Engagement Manager, we look forward to hearing from you.
Location: Honeypot Head Office, 19 Berghem Mews, London, W14 0HN – The role may be conducted with three days in the office, two days working from home.
Hours: 9am – 5:00pm or 9.30am to 5.30pm by agreement, Monday to Friday
You are a key manager within a harmonious, experienced, talented fundraising team.
OPPORTUNITIES THIS ROLE OFFERS YOU
- Build your experience and skills of leadership in one of the fastest growing departments of Honeypot.
- Hold a senior position which commands rich developmental and training opportunities.
- Be part of a winning team. Honeypot is one of the fastest growing Children’s Charities in the UK, which has been on an upward success path for several years.
- Gain and develop knowledge and competencies through a dynamic range of fundraising events and appeals.
- Be supported by a first- class Senior Leadership Team comprising Directors with over 25 years of fundraising and communications skills and experience to share with you.
- Work with a first- class professional fundraising and communications team, who have a strong and supportive team ethos.
- Work in a friendly and nurturing environment where staff are valued and appreciated.
- Benefit from a rich depository of marketing and communications assets that are at your disposal.
- To achieve your yearly fundraising budget by managing community fundraising relationships, including community groups, clubs, schools, and individuals, primarily within the Greater London Area. You will also provide some remote support for community fundraisers in the Midlands and Northwest Region.
- Responsible for corporate relationships below £10,000 in consultation with your Senior Corporate Fundraising Manager colleagues, in the same areas and on the same basis as above.
- Honeypot sees individual giving as a major growth area. You will lead on the development of individual giving with donors within your geographical region as defined above. You will especially play a key role in recruiting supporters to support our large annual appeal.
- You will work closely with the Community Engagement Manager for Hampshire, and the Senior Corporate Partnerships Managers to co-ordinate activities to ensure that as a team all partnership opportunities are taken up by Honeypot.
- You will provide coverage for requests for support from a wide range of community organizations’ that contact Honeypot by all sources, to meet their requests for resources or attendance at school assemblies, group meetings, and presentations.
- The Marketing and Communications Team of Honeypot provide excellent support and fundraising resources to each division within Honeypot Fundraising team. They will work closely with you to produce the fundraising materials you request. You will work collegiately to ensure that a suite of high- quality community fundraising marketing materials are produced to meet the needs of community appeals, events, and community groups.
- Contribute to the development of a cost- effective community fundraising strategy and deliver our strategy within a given geographical area.
The Honeypot Children’s Charity is the leading organization that provides support services to young carers aged 5 to 12, who look after a sick adult, a sibling or both. Honeypot is the ‘go-to’ organization for a wide spectrum of children’s agencies and organizations wishing to access our respite breaks and outreach services.
Our range of services have been developing to include several highly impactful, life changing interventions for young carers, to address the issues that they struggle with, such as isolation, anxiety, low self- esteem, poor educational performance, and exceptionally high levels of bullying. You will be a key Manager in a leading charity with a fundraising and communications team whose passion and commitment for our cause is truly inspiring.
You are a key manager within a harmonious, experienced, talented fundraising team who will always wish to work with you to achieve more together.
Assist or lead on initiatives that are reasonably requests of you by your line manager.
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding role, I believe the Community Engagement Manager’s position offers this. I look forward to hearing from you.
With thanks for your interest
Director of Income and Communications
Please mention notice period
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.