A great home-based role, (must be within reasonable travelling distance of London), which is part time, based on 4 days / 30 hours a week.
The Hope Foundation for Street Children (HOPE UK), is the UK fundraising arm of The Hope Foundation in Ireland, a non-denominational, non-political humanitarian organisation. All funds raised go to The Hope Kolkata Foundation in India to support street connected children in Kolkata.
The common vision of the HOPE organisation is ‘a world where it should never hurt to be a child’.
HOPE works in partnership with local organisations, communities and government in India to deliver its services and projects, with over 60 programmes covering child protection, education, healthcare, vocational training, capacity building and emergency response. In 20 years HOPE has reached 2.8 million beneficiaries.
The UK branch of HOPE has been established for over 10 years and has built a base of supporters, donors and volunteers providing regular funding for the projects in Kolkata, whilst also raising awareness of the cause of the street connected and slum community children there. Governed by a board of trustees, HOPE UK’s fundraising activity is led by the Ireland based International Fundraising Director, who also provides systems and operational support. We have a team of three staff in the UK, supported by volunteers.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to channel your energy and enthusiasm as a Fundraising and Events Manager into raising much needed funds to provide essential services for street connected children and slum communities in Kolkata.
Reporting to HOPE’s International Fundraising Director, the key responsibilities of your role will be to
- Raise funds for HOPE through maintaining, developing and growing existing donor and supporter relationships
- Identify new donors and supporters, through proactive networking and exploiting relevant fundraising opportunities
- Design, plan, manage and deliver an events and fundraising programme
- Support, direct and liaise with HOPE volunteer fundraising committees and supporters
- Raise awareness about the work of HOPE
- Liaise with HOPE trustees, Ambassadors and Patrons
- You are an ambitious fundraising professional, with a ‘can do’ attitude, who has a passion for the work of HOPE.
- You can plan and manage multiple fundraising activities with measurable outcomes
- You have a proven and demonstrable track record in raising funds via the design, management and implementation of public events.
- You have a warm, open personality with a positive attitude, a readiness to engage and the ability to put people at ease
- You are experienced in developing and maintaining donor and supporter relationships
- You are a natural team worker, happy to work across boundaries and adaptable in dealing with people of varying backgrounds and the differing needs within HOPE’s supporter base
- You are a clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
- You have excellent presentation skills
- You work effectively and efficiently on your own initiative, with the ability to receive /accept direction
- You are well organized, efficient and resilient, able to handle pressure and prioritise competing tasks
- You are a self-starter, capable of working both alone and remotely with the ability to plan and problem solve
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and data recording
- You have a working knowledge of GDPR compliance and data protection
Please see the Job Description/Specification for further details.
This is a home-based role and relevant equipment will be provided. You will be able to travel into London with reasonable ease. Some occasional evening working and travel to locations outside London may be required.
If you have the relevant skills and experience coupled with a passion for the work we do, we would love to hear from you. Upload your CV and a supporting statement (as an attachment) telling us why you want to work for HOPE UK, how you meet our criteria and what you can bring to the role. Please note we will not consider any applications without a detailed supporting statement.
Application deadline: Monday 24th Feb 2020 9am
Interviews will be held in London: week commencing Monday 2nd March 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.