We are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our friendly and dynamic team as a Supporter Care and Fundraising Executive, to support our ambitious new fundraising goals. The Supporter Care and Fundraising Executive will be responsible for supporting fundraising functions (major giving and supporter sponsorship scheme) within the Fundraising and Marketing team, as well as keeping our database up-to-date whilst building and maintaining relationships with our supporters.
Database and Supporter Care (30%)
- Maintain and update the database (Raiser’s Edge NXT) including ensuring all individual records are accurate, supporter preferences are accurately recorded, batching and recording gifts accurately and producing monthly reports to monitor fundraising progress.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing, recording and acknowledgement of donations including gift aid and online donations.
- Maintain and build relationships with existing donors.
- Work closely with fundraising and marketing colleagues to create a culture of individual donor development, inputting into the donor journey and delivering recruitment initiatives.
- Develop and analyse donor data to support fundraising; identify trends in giving; ability to produce different reports, segment donors and strategise based on findings.
Major Giving and Prospect Development (40%)
- Proactively identify potential funders (major donors, trusts and foundations and corporates) for projects and core support of The Horse Trust and lead them through the solicitation process.
- Write and submit compelling and detailed funding bids to charitable trusts and corporates.
- Develop relationships with potential major donors and move them through the donor pipeline.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues from the leadership and management team to ensure all funding applications are high quality and successful, working on concepts to transform them into attractive and winning proposals.
Horse Sponsorship Scheme (30%)
- Manage, promote and execute the horse sponsorship scheme and all supporter care activities involved in this including:
- Managing the online sponsorship portal
- Bi-annual updates
- Maintaining stock levels of all pack items
- Dealing with supporter enquiries
Any other opportunities or duties that may arise.
Knowledge and Experience
Experience working within the charity sector or equivalent - ESSENTIAL
Practical experience of the use of a fundraising database, preferably Raiser’s Edge/ Raiser’s Edge NXT - ESSENTIAL
Experience working in major giving including prospect research, due diligence screening, application writing and submission and donor pipeline management. - DESIREABLE
Experience working in individual donor stewardship - DESIREABLE
Experience of fundraising processes, donor relations and high value fundraising principles - ESSENTIAL
Excellent analytical and research skills with the ability to read and analyse a significant amount of data - DESIREABLE
Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office - ESSENTIAL
Sound knowledge fundraising regulations - ESSENTIAL
Educated to university level or equivalent - ESSENTIAL
Personal Attributes and Skills
Motivated, reliable, and professional - ESSENTIAL
Passionate and inspired by the work of The Horse Trust - ESSENTIAL
Enthusiasm, driven and confident - ESSENTIAL
Positive 'can do' approach and willingness to learn - ESSENTIAL
Flexible and able to respond to changing priorities and new opportunities - ESSENTIAL
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.