Full time/37.5 hpw (4 days/30 hpw week considered for the right candidate)
Salary £28,000 - £32,000 FTE
Do you have a passion for the local community, love working with people and a positive/can do attitude? We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated leader to join our high-achieving and dynamic Fundraising team.
This is a permanent position, leading on our Community Fundraising income stream. Working with and managing our current (successful and experienced) team, the ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills, experience in Community fundraising (including events) and the ambition to help achieve our organisational strategy to double the reach of our care by 2028.
You will lead the rebuilding of this core income stream following the pandemic and maintain the direction of travel, to bring our Community Fundraising activities back to their pre-pandemic levels. Then through experience and innovation grow our wonderful network of support and income line for the future.
This role would suit a Community Fundraising Manager looking for a new and exciting challenge, or an experienced Senior Community Fundraiser looking to take the next step in their career, and can evidence the required skills, ability and ambition to achieve.
- A confident communicator and team player able to engage and inspire your team and a wide range of supporters
- Substantial experience of implementing safe and well regulated community fundraising activities including larger scale events
- Proven track record in achieving targets in a fundraising role
- Passionate about delivering an exceptional experience to our supporters
- Excellent organisational skills
- Decisive decision maker
- Experienced in performing well under pressure, strong attention to detail and ability to drive multiple projects concurrently
- Solid IT skills in Microsoft Office and fundraising databases
- Flexible and willing to work occasional evenings and weekends
What We Offer:
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
- Flexible working opportunities (hybrid working available, minimum of 3 days required in the hospice/local community)
- SMART pension scheme with employer contribution
- Free onsite parking at our office in Northchurch, Berkhamsted
- Wide range of free training courses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- On-site home cooked food served at a reasonable rate in our bistro
If this sounds like you, we’d love you to join our friendly, creative and professional Fundraising team to help us to raise the £5million a year which we need to deliver our free expert care.
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st November 2021
Interviews to be held on Thursday 4th and/or Monday 8th November 2021
Please apply with a CV and supporting statement detailing how you meet the criteria
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.