Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Head of Marketing and Communications
Hours: Flexible working is in place between the hours of 08:00 – 19:00 Work outside of these hours may be required in certain circumstances. Core working hours are 10:00 until 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Contract: Part-time, 21 Hours per week, temporary between January 2020 and April 2020
Salary: £13,020 pro rata of £21,700 FTE
Location: The offices of The House of St Barnabas, 1 Greek Street, W1D 4NQ
Start date: January 2020
“Enter The House of St Barnabas - A public-minded private members’ club in London is demolishing stereotypes” – Dazed and Confused
The House of St Barnabas (HoSB) is a charity pledging to break the cycle of homelessness. We run a social business, our members’ club in our Grade I listed home on Soho Square to help people prosper through paid employment, allowing them to break their cycle of homelessness.
Academy participants and graduates are at the heart of all we do. The journey for trainees currently starts with a 10-week Employment Preparation Programme offering onsite work experience and training throughout the club and charity offices and continues with 12 months of mentoring and ongoing support from our Academy team.
When this programme is in progress, participants take on work experience throughout the House, in the club spaces and in our offices. The HoSB team act as professional buddies to those in office-based roles, working closely with them to provide skills training and to set a positive example of ways of working. This one to one support throughout the programme, and our wider club community of members and supporters, provides a supportive environment in which our participants can challenge themselves to change their lives.
We have exciting plans for the future. We intend to create a new entry point for those already in work but who want to progress from a first job after homelessness to “good work”, with better pay, more regular hours and better prospects for promotion, and we intend to increase provision through our accommodation pathway. To do this we will need to grow our commercial income from both the club and private hire (including a potential building development project). We also want to better use the skills and connections of our community of members and supporters in pursuit of our aims.
The Marketing Assistant will support on delivery of the marketing and communications strategy, to encourage new membership applications, tell the House of St Barnabas’ charitable story and engage our community in all aspects of our work. The person in this role will provide social media, content and design support to ensure that the House of St Barnabas story is being communicated in an engaging clear, visually engaging way that adheres to the brand guidelines. This role will also provide administrative support; to gather data, information and case studies to support the wider marketing and communications team.
Areas of responsibility
- Planning, writing and scheduling social media content across the House of St Barnabas Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels
- Manage the House of St Barnabas’ community across its social media channels
- Manage the House of St Barnabas member and public events promotion and ticket sales via Eventbrite
- Work with the Head of Marketing and Communications team to design collateral including posters, leaflets, email newsletters
- Content creation for the HoSB blog and website
- Write email marketing comms
- Occasionally order HoSB printed materials, including projecting and tracking expenditure in this area
- All staff should, so far as reasonably practical, maintain satisfactory standards of safety and welfare within their authorised areas of responsibility as defined by the HoSB Health and Safety and Disaster Recovery procedures
- Experience managing social media, including writing, scheduling and running communities
- Experience working with Mailchimp, Wordpress and Eventbrite or similar packages
- Interest in and understanding of the social enterprise / charity sector
- Highly organised and pro-active
- Able to work autonomously and to prioritise own workload
- Good time management skills
- A strong multitasker, able to take on a wide range of activities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with Photoshop or Canva a bonus
- Ability to remain positive and actively encourage others to do the same during times of change
- Ability to help promote a positive organisation culture that respects diversity and inclusivity
- Keeps up to date with developments in own area of specialism, including legal changes and best practice
What we can do for you – why working for us is so great
HoSB provides the following great benefits:
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact, playing a part in people’s journey towards lasting paid employment
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Half a day extra leave for your birthday so you can celebrate in style
- Flexible working hours (in line with business needs)
- Free Barista coffee from our club downstairs(!)
- Autoenrollment into our pension scheme
- Access to a whole host of amazing talks gigs and events
- Attending our amazing graduation ceremonies
How to apply
Please send a covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role together with your most recent CV. Any applications received without a covering letter will automatically be repudiated.
Closing date: 11th December 2019
Face to face interviews to take place on: 16th December 2019
Please note: Due to the high level of interest in our organisation, we are unfortunately only able to acknowledge the individual applicants invited to interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.