Our mission is to provide appropriate support, in a prompt and sympathetic manner to jockeys past or present who are injured or in need. The fund has grown in the last few years which has enabled us to widen the support we are able to offer to our beneficiaries.
The successful candidate for this new role will have the opportunity to provide strategic and operational input including defining a compelling Welfare strategy for the fund. They will play a key role in the development of our Welfare service, working closely with our clinical and rehab teams and leading our team of committed Almoners.
The role will assume responsibility for the efficient running of our 3 rehabilitation centres in Malton, Lambourn and Newmarket. The successful candidate will need to be based within a 1.5-hour commute of the Newmarket office.
Reporting into the CEO and working as part of the senior management team to assume responsibility for the efficient running of all welfare and operational services including a team of Almoners and 3 Rehab Centres.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for defining the welfare strategy for the IJF for the short, medium and long term. The role will be integral in taking the lead in implementing frameworks and structure to work within, driving consistency and monitoring compliance across all areas of responsibility.
The Head of Operations will support the implementation of strong operational process and procedures to aid connectivity between departments and to enable the fund to ensure a seamless service is delivered
• Define and implement an appropriate welfare strategy for the next 3 – 5 years including service levels to active and non-active beneficiaries
• Manage and support the team of Almoners, ensuring consistency across the service provided to our beneficiaries
• Review the existing welfare offering to beneficiaries, proposing and implementing new ways to support
• Implement befitting reporting mechanisms to ensure an up to date view of beneficiary information at any one time
• Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures
• Work with the Clinical team to determine the links between welfare and clinical and develop the associate working practices to ensure a seamless interaction between the two
• Develop a plan to improve the connectivity between Almoners & Rehab Centres including clear agendas for tether days
• Support Operational management of all IJF Rehab Centres (Jack Berry House/Oaksey House/POSH) and its infrastructure (excluding finance & IT)
• Liaise and build on external partnerships with associations including Racing Welfare, British Horseracing Association & Professional Jockeys Association
• Project management of all new infrastructure developments
• Ownership for business continuity processes
• Lead on ongoing improvements to the cost and quality of the operational services
• Work with the CEO to prepare and update appropriate risk assessments in relation to the Almoner role
• Create an Almoner toolkit and associated training package to aid in future onboarding
• Be responsible for individual development plans and succession planning within the team
• Experience of managing operational services within a welfare or service provision
• Experience of turning strategic vision into reality
• Proven understanding of the welfare sector including regulatory requirements
• Strong experience of implementing process and structure that supports connectivity and scalability
• Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask and handle competing priorities
• Demonstrable experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong influencing skills, able to work intuitively
• Excellent organisational skills and initiative and a strong sense of responsibility
• Excellent numerical and IT skills, particularly systems and databases
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.