You will be responsible for the fundraising for IAF including raising funds from all appropriate mediums including; trusts and foundations, statutory sources/ contracts, events, corporate, and individuals/legacy etc.
The successful candidate will be excellent at engaging with funders, stakeholders, local businesses and the public and will be confident communicating verbally and in written media. They will have experience of fundraising for a charity and experience of utilizing social media for this purpose. Interpersonal skills are paramount as we need an individual who will be able to work confidently across the staff team and with a range of stakeholders and young people to achieve the best results. A creative and forward thinking person who aims to promote IAF services to stakeholders, young people and potential partners.
This is an exciting and challenging role for a highly motivated, dynamic and creative individual who is passionate about helping young people make positive changes in their lives. IAF are looking for an enthusiastic and driven professional who will relish challenges laid at their feet, and are able to work independently.
The Inspire and Achieve Foundation is a small, thriving, Nottinghamshire based charity that does everything it can to help unemployed young people aged 16-26 into positive outcomes and into employment. We are a dedicated and ethically driven team that puts the needs of the young person at the heart of all our provision. We are looking for ‘can-do’ employees who are passionate, enthusiastic, have empathy and integrity, who are hard-working (go above and beyond), and who have a demonstrable passion for helping young people.
Our provision includes outreach work (sports and social), one to one mentoring/work coaching, and training programmes (inc. the Prince’s Trust Team Programme). We are based in Mansfield, Ashfield, Worksop and in Nottingham City. This role will be based in Mansfield with occasional travel to other sites. Remote working will be considered for the right candidate.
We believe that where there is a will there is a way, and we believe young people deserve a second chance. If you are passionate about helping young people who have had a difficult start to their lives then come and be part of the journey
This post of Fundraising Officer is to be employed by the Inspire and Achieve Foundation to lead the fundraising activity for IAF programmes and projects across Nottinghamshire.
Key Relationships to be managed:
- Funders/ supporters/ stakeholders
- IAF Staff Team
- Young people on programmes
- Partners/ Referral and Support Agencies
- Local community businesses and organisations
- Media (as appropriate and agreed by Senior Management Team)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identify and write fundraising applications to a variety of sources.
- Organize fundraising activities and events.
- Devise and implement fundraising campaigns.
- Promote IAF via available mediums such as social media/web.
- Liaising with stakeholders and building new stakeholder relationships.
- Complete monitoring and feedback forms for funders.
- Identify and write case studies that promote IAF’s profile.
- Support the management of public facing platforms e.g. social media including reacting to interactions.
- Uphold IAF core values and visions.
- Provide feedback as appropriate to funders in order to develop strong working relations.
- Report to Senior Management Team regular, accurate position statements and forecasts in order to support effective informed decision making.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by IAF, partners or external funding contracts and in line with IAF’s data protection policy
- Compliance with IAF’s policies
- Attend all necessary internal/external training courses and management/steering group meetings as required.
- Support the wider work of the charity whenever available
- Reports to Director/ Senior Management Team
- To supply information as required by IAF.
Please provide a cover letter/ supporting statement explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this role and your salary/FTE expectations. Working from home with occasional office visits will be considered for this role.