This is a 1-year fixed term maternity cover contract.
Community Engagement + Grants Manager – Key Responsibilities
· Building strong relationships with local charities and community groups, and knowledge of their services and strategies
· Keeping up to speed with local needs and being strategically aware of developments in the voluntary sector more widely
· Assessing grant applications, including carrying out due diligence of charity partners, financial assessments, conversations with applicants, desk research, and site visits as necessary
· Convening grants panels to assess applications and providing feedback to applicants
· Issuing grant offer letters and making payments
· Developing the K+C Foundation’s grant monitoring activities, including site visits and reports from funded organisations, to enhance learning, evaluate impact and ensure resources are used to maximum effect
· Providing opportunities for grantees to work collaboratively, learn from each other and share resources
· Researching and developing modern approaches to grant-making which involve and empower the local community
· Representing the K+C Foundation at relevant events and networking forums
· Being responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the K+C Foundation’s Advantage database in relation to local organisations and all charity related reports and queries
· Working closely with the Major Gifts + Events Manager to provide information on K+C Foundation projects and needs for future funding, and assisting with donor reporting by providing evaluation reports from charities
· Working closely with the Communications + Partnerships Manager to provide compelling information on campaigns and funded projects, for example case studies
· To work flexibly and collaboratively to support the wider aims of our team.
We are based in Ladbroke Grove, London W11 and are working partly from home with 2 days in the office on a rota basis.
Interviews will be held in the week commencing September 28th.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.