The Kensington & Chelsea Foundation, a trusted, independent local charity with a 10-year record of success, is searching for a dynamic new Director to lead us through an exciting period as we look to significantly grow our work across the borough.
Since 2008, we’ve been bringing together charities, individuals, businesses and schools to address local disadvantage. In that time, we’ve raised almost £13 million, with £6 million specifically supporting local, grassroots charities and £7 million raised in response to the tragedy at Grenfell Tower.
We’ve seen the transformative impact of our work in the borough but there’s so much more to do. We’re looking for someone who shares our ambition, possesses exceptional skills, gravitas and experience, who will lead and inspire our small team and work closely with our Board of Trustees to scale up our programmes as we enter our next important phase.
Our unparalleled local relationships and in-depth understanding of our borough mean that we are uniquely placed to identify issues which disadvantage local people. We have big ambitions to significantly raise the level of funds, building on our track record which is most recently and notably illustrated in our role in relation to Grenfell.
As well as raising funds and other in-kind resources, we inspire change by sharing our ideas and research and through partnerships. We work closely with our local charity partners and with input from local people to ensure the funding we raise is used to best effect and goes where it’s needed most. Our current focus is on supporting children and young people, enhancing skills and employment and combating isolation and loneliness.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Setting strategic direction with the Board of Trustees and staff team
- Increasing our annual turnover with a diversified and sustainable fundraising strategy
- Sustaining and strengthening our position as a leading organisation in the borough through effective media and by representing us at meetings and events
- Identifying, building and maintaining strategic partnerships which will further our work to improve local lives
- Leading on disseminating our new brand (currently in development)
- Leading on our highly regarded grant-making programmes
- Providing dynamic leadership to our team so they are able to perform to the highest level
- Attending, supporting and answering to the Board of Trustees at four meetings annually
- Overseeing all operational activities and monitoring and reporting to the Board on performance against objectives
To apply for this position, please carefully read the attached role profile and submit your CV and a supporting statement that fully addresses the appointment criteria (maximum 2 pages of A4). Please also include the names and contact details of two referees who will only be contacted once your permission has been granted.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 19 September at 5pm
First Round Interviews: Friday 4 October
Final Interviews: tbc
These dates may be subject to change and applicants will be advised in advance should this happen.
NB Shortlisted candidates may be required to undertake additional assessment before or after the final interview.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.