The Kensington + Chelsea Foundation is an independent local charity which was founded in 2008 and is now in an exciting phase of growth. We want to raise our profile, our income and, most importantly, our impact. While our borough is often associated with wealth and affluence, it also has areas of severe deprivation. K+C has the worst income inequality of all London boroughs, high rates of child poverty and the highest proportion of people living alone. Our vision is of a borough without poverty, where everyone has the opportunity to reach their potential. We support local projects which reduce isolation and loneliness, develop skills and employment opportunities, and support children and young people who are disadvantaged.
We played a key role in the response to the tragedy at the Grenfell Tower and continue to work with some of the most disadvantaged communities in the borough to improve wellbeing and opportunities.
The Major Gifts Manager fulfils a key function within our small team with responsibility for increasing income primarily from high net worth individuals, and managing and developing the Foundation’s relationship with them.
Major Gifts Manager – Key Responsibilities
- To grow the Foundation’s major gifts income, working towards and delivering against key targets
- To manage a portfolio of major donors, taking responsibility for their cultivation and stewardship to deliver increased and new gifts
- To develop and deliver an events plan which utilises a range of events to support the major gifts strategy (private home events, pledge dinners, visits to projects etc)
- To undertake research and contact mapping with the team and Board of Trustees to identify a pipeline of new major gift prospects
- To create high quality project proposals for major donors and to deliver timely reports
- To brief Board members, the Director and other K+C Foundation representatives appropriately ahead of meetings with major donors and prospects
- To represent the K&C Foundation and communicate the organisation’s key messages to a range of stakeholders through presentations and meetings.
- To ensure all donor details and communications are accurately recorded in a timely manner on the database
- To work closely with the Community Engagement Manager to build an understanding of K+C Foundation projects and the needs for future funding
- To work closely with the Communications + Partnerships Manager to identify cross over between high net worth individuals, businesses and schools contacts, and to create compelling fundraising materials.
- To support the Director with approaches to Trusts and Foundations, as required
- To work with the Director to develop and deliver a Legacy fundraising programme
- To work flexibly and collaboratively to support the wider aims of our team
- An experienced fundraiser with at least a 2 year track record of successful fundraising from major donors, including demonstrable experience of securing five and six figure gifts
- Proven experience in face to face fundraising with high net worth individuals
- Proven experience of identifying, cultivating and securing new donors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing self-starter driven by results
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise your own workload
- Passion and creativity
- Flexible and collaborative team player
- Enthusiasm for and a commitment to the K&C Foundation’s vision and mission
- Knowledge of and networks in Kensington and Chelsea would be desirable but not essential
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and a supporting statement that fully addresses the appointment criteria (maximum 2 pages of A4). Please also include the names and contact details of two referees who will only be contacted once your permission has been granted.
Deadline for applications: Friday February 7th 2020
Interviews: February 18th or 19th 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.