The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
We provide children with a volunteer mentor; a young professional from the community who delivers safe and consistent sessions over 12 months. Each mentee receives 100 hours of one-to-one support outside of the home and school environment.
As a young, growing organisation, we are looking for someone to join our small but mighty team to lead our programmes across London communities.
One year fixed term contract (with the potential to extend)
5 days a week (35 hours a week)
£32,000 - £36,000 dependent on experience
Some weekend and evening work required
This is a leadership role within our small and growing charity. As our Head of Programmes you will be passionate about relationship building, processes, supporting our brilliant team and the big picture.
25 days of annual leave, plus a bonus day on your birthday
We are looking for an empathetic leader with strong interpersonal skills combined with an action-oriented, strategic, data-driven lens.
Experience of developing project plans, motivating a team, and delivering programmes from a charity perspective is essential.
The Kids Network values fun, diversity, and commitment – this is the culture we want embedded throughout the organisation. If you are passionate about connecting for change and share our vision, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
· Uphold our safeguarding principles and processes to the highest standard as our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer
· Work with the Founder to support the development of the organisational strategy
· Be accountable for the programmes KPIs and set up of new projects
· Effective team management – coordinating, motivating and supporting a growing team of four Volunteer Coordinators
· Keeping clear records of project progress and data
· Lead on our impact review and implement the learnings
· Oversee strategic project development
· Manage and develop Salesforce CRM system
· Act in compliance with our policies and processes at all times, ensuring our data is stored and managed in line with GDPR
· Act as an ambassador for The Kids Network, building relationships with diverse audiences to communicate our work
Essential skills and experience:
· Track record of managing a team - ability to motivate and manage a team to support vulnerable children and volunteers
· Experience of delivering medium-scale programmes from start to finish
· Ability to be solution focused and self-motivating, to work on your own initiative and be accountable for your own work
· High organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
· Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a range of audiences with impact
· Excellent IT skills with ability to use Excel, Salesforce CRM System, spreadsheets, emails and databases effectively
· Experience of creating reports and dashboards to track progress
· Non-judgemental, self-motivated, pro-active, compassionate and solution focused
Desirable skills and experience
· Previous DSO experience
· Understanding of the UK education and charity sector
· Design and delivery of training sessions
· Experience of working with children and families directly in challenging environments and understanding of the challenges facing children in London
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
We particularly encourage applications from Black candidates and People of Colour to apply for this role as we continue to build our culture of inclusion and representation within our team.
The closing date for applications is rolling. We will conduct the first wave of interviews on a first come basis on Wednesday 29th July and Thursday 30th July. To be considered in this wave please submit your application by Monday 27th July midday.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, no longer than two pages, to our Founder, Sarah Woodcock