The Kids Network is a community of children and young professionals connecting through fun, friendship and hardship for positive social change.
We provide children with a volunteer mentor; a young professional from the community who delivers safe and consistent sessions over 12 months. Each mentee receives 100 hours of one-to-one support outside of the home and school environment.
As a young, growing organisation, we are looking for someone to join our small but mighty team to lead our operations.
One-year fixed term contract (with the potential to extend)
5 days a week (35 hours a week)
This is a new role and integral within our small and growing charity. As our Operations Officer you will be passionate about processes, supporting our brilliant team and the small details which build our big picture.
25 days of annual leave, plus a bonus day on your birthday
We are looking for someone with excellent administration skills, with a proactive and self-motivated approach who can deliver on key operational projects across the organisation.
If you’re someone who wants to learn about the inner workings of a charity and get exposure to the most intimate details of the organisation, this role is perfect fit for you.
The Kids Network values fun, diversity, and commitment – this is the culture we want embedded throughout the organisation. If you are passionate about connecting for change and share our vision, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the Founder to lead on the operations of the organisation.
· Be the first point of contact for incoming calls and emails
· Lead on data entry and database record management in Salesforce
· Research and create recommendation documents on organisational needs, for example insurance and mobile phone contracts
· Lead on evolving needs for office management for the organisation, including meeting rooms and co-working options
· Source and manage external IT support company and partnership
· Create and manage cloud-based storage systems
· Keep stock take of IT equipment for the organisation and support set up for new staff members
HR & Finance
· Undertake all admin related to recruitment
· Lead on induction of new staff members
· Coordinate internal team meetings and team training
· Process the monthly payments for the organisation
· Process expenses and invoices in a systematic and effective way
· Lead on our policy project working with an external agency
· Maintain a log of policies and review date for the board of trustees
· Coordinate board meetings and sub committees
· Minute board meetings and subcommittees
· Lead on recruitment induction of new Trustees
Essential skills and experience:
· Ability to be solution focused and self-motivating, to work on your own initiative and be accountable for your own work
· High organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively
· Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a range of audiences
· Excellent IT skills with ability to use Excel, Salesforce CRM System, spreadsheets, emails and databases effectively
· Experience of creating reports and dashboards to track progress
· Non-judgemental, self-motivated, pro-active, compassionate and solution focused
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
The Kids Network promotes equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We make employment decisions by matching business needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
We particularly encourage applications from Black candidates and People of Colour to apply for this role as we continue to build our culture of inclusion and representation within our team.
We are happy to talk about flexible working and we promote a workplace where you can be your authentic self and achieve success based only on your merit.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 6th October at midday. We will conduct the first wave of interviews on a first come basis on Thursday 8th October and Friday 9th October.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter, no longer than two pages, to our Founder, Sarah Woodcock
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.