The Kids Network is looking for the change maker to join our programmes team help little Londoners in Hackney live the lives they deserve
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Programmes Manager you will manage the programme delivery in Hackney, supporting 55 children by providing excellent mentor management, building relationships with schools and the community, and responding to and managing safeguarding concerns.
5 days a week (35 hours)
Accountable to: Head of Programmes
Some weekend and evening work required
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible working arrangements (mostly home working with London office option)
- 25 days annual leave entitlement and extra bonus day on your birthday
- A friendly, fun-loving, passionate team, with plenty of animal and food related chat
- Be responsible for your programme KPIs by developing a specific project plan and reporting progress
- Be the champion for Hackney, by deeply understanding the community and the strengths, challenges and needs they face
- Have full understanding of the funding requirements of this programme, ensuring deliverables are met, and reporting is timely, effective and engaging to secure ongoing support
- Work closely with Project officers to ensure outreach, recruitment and onboarding of new programme volunteers to meet programme requirements.
Responsibility for a Child-led programme
- Onboard a minimum of 50 children to the programme, running workshops to understand their needs and mentor requests,
- Monitor each child’s individual progress, ensuring they are having an inclusive, fun, child-led experience that promotes their development and confidence,
- Ensure every child has a positive ending, identifying at the 9 month point referral pathways to community partners,
- Hold workshops with the children throughout the year to hear their voices, understand their needs, and measure the impact of the programme,
- Amplifying children’s voices, ensuring they are involved in our processes, decision making and strategy developments, collecting timely stories of their journey.
Mentor management responsibility
- Using our CRM platform Salesforce, deliver an excellent standard of mentor management to a minimum of 50 mentors per year logging all communication
- Celebrate volunteers in creative and effective ways,
- Ensure sessions are taking place on a weekly basis, holding regular reviews with mentors and ensuring they are acting in line with our policies and Code of Conduct,
- Ensure mentors receive quality training, the support they require throughout the year, Including developing effective resources and tools, responding to the emerging needs of the child,
- Build the community of mentors by leading on monthly Mentor Meet Ups and other networking opportunities.
Schools and community responsibility
- Build and manage the relationship with all schools and referral partners. Run termly meetings and write impact reports,
- Raise £15,000 through schools contributions,
- Develop community relationships to positively impact the children in the programme,
- Act as an ambassador for The Kids Network, building relationships with diverse audiences to communicate our work.
- Act in compliance with our safeguarding policies and procedures at all time,
- Support the recruitment of mentors using the Safer recruitment policy,
- Ensure mentors are trained to a high standard in safeguarding,
- Update the safeguarding log as per our safeguarding log process.
We are looking for a process driven, personable, strong communicator who is passionate about children’s futures. To be successful, you will be solutions focused, positive, proactive and an advocate for early intervention.
We are looking for someone with a strong knowledge and understanding of Hackney, who will be able to lead our programme in this community.
- Track record of managing volunteers effectively – ability to motivate and support volunteers to provide consistent support to vulnerable children,
- Experience in following safeguarding processes and foundation level in child protection,
- Experience working with schools and referral partners,
- Experience of delivering small to medium-scale programmes from start to finish
- Ability to be solution focused and self-motivating, to work on your own initiative and be accountable for your own work
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a range of audiences with impact
- Skilled at delivering engaging training sessions and organising events
- Excellent IT skills with ability to use spreadsheets, emails and databases effectively
- Non-judgemental, self-motivated, pro-active, compassionate and solution focused
- Understanding of the UK education and charity sector
- Experience of working with children and families directly in challenging environments and understanding of the challenges facing children in London
- Experience onboarding schools onto programmes
- Experience delivering effective training and workshops to volunteers to support their development
- Experience using CRM Salesforce
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.