We are excited to announce that we’re hiring a Volunteer Coordinator to join the team. You will work to support our amazing mentees by managing our volunteer mentors as they navigate digital mentoring during Covid-19.
This is a really exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in the growth of the organisation and make a positive impact for children in London as we transition out of lockdown measures.
About The Kids Network:
The Kids Network supports children at a crucial time in their lives, during the transition from primary into secondary school. We do this by providing them with a volunteer mentor, a young professional from the local community.
Our model focuses on the individual needs of the child, building confidence and resilience and developing the tools to manage feelings for a positive future.
London is bursting with young professionals, millennials who want to give back in a meaningful way – we make this possible through mentoring.
The Kids Network provides extensive training, a peer network and social activities to support each other in their roles as mentors.
Six-month fixed term contract (with the potential to extend)
5 days a week (35 hours)
Some weekend and evening work required
As our Volunteer Coordinator you will have an entrepreneurial spirit to effectively deliver our mentoring programme in order to achieve positive outcomes for children.
We are looking for a highly motivated, personable, strong communicator who is passionate about the importance of mentoring and equality of opportunity. To be successful, you will be solution focused, positive, proactive and a quick learner.
Experience of developing relationships, supporting volunteers working with vulnerable children and delivering programmes from a charity perspective is essential.
The Kids Network values fun, commitment and innovation – this is the culture we want embedded throughout the organisation. If you are passionate about connecting for change and share our vision, we want to hear from you.
About the role:
· Uphold our safeguarding principles and processes to the highest standard
· Drive a diverse volunteer recruitment strategy to represent our mentees
· Vet, train and onboard new mentors in line with our safer recruitment practices
· Deliver outstanding volunteer management
· Ensure that administrative tasks are completed in line with process
· Oversee mentors on the Brightside app and track their interactions on our session report database
· Celebrate volunteers in creative and effective ways
· Host monthly mentor meet ups and deliver ongoing training
· Deliver the programme to meet KPIs
· Build and manage strategic relationships with key stakeholders
· Manage CRM system, ensuring data is kept up to date
· Act in compliance with our policies and processes at all times, ensuring our data is stored and managed in line with GDPR
· Communicate the successes of the organisation to our supporters through our channels
Essential skills and experience:
· Track record of managing volunteers effectively - ability to motivate and support volunteers to provide consistent support to vulnerable children
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience in following safeguarding processes and foundation level in child protection
· Experience of developing networks and relationships with a wide range of partners, volunteers and stakeholders
· Experience of delivering small to medium-scale programmes from start to finish
· Ability to be solution focused and self-motivating, to work on your own initiative and be accountable for your own work
· Excellent time-management skills and ability to prioritise conflicting demands
· Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to communicate to a range of audiences with impact
· Skilled at delivering engaging training sessions and organising events
· Excellent IT skills with ability to use spreadsheets, emails and databases effectively
· Non-judgemental, self-motivated, pro-active, compassionate and solution focused
The Kids Network is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 31st May 2020.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to work for The Kids Network and why you are right for the role, no longer than two pages, to James Bailey.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.