AIMS OF THE POST
As Director you will report to the Board of Trustees, ensuring Kingston WelCare (KW) is a well-run and impactful organisation operating in line with its charitable objects. You will help to ensure our staff and volunteer teams feel motivated, confident and well-equipped, and effectively supported to live our values and deliver our mission in pursuit of our vision.
- Leadership: To provide clear leadership and convey the organisations vision to all staff and volunteers.
- Governance: To support the effective governance of KW through the administration of legal & statutory obligations and regular trustees’ meetings.
- Operations: To oversee the operational management of KW, ensuring excellent service delivery across all KW projects, activities and services.
- Strategic development: To contribute to the strategic development of KW in consultation with trustees in line with its aims and objectives, values, ethos and policies.
- Building development: Oversee the management and development of WelCare House
- Partnership working: To act as an ambassador for KW, representing our work to stakeholders and developing fruitful partnerships.
- Finances: Work to oversee KW’s financial management, ensuring a healthy overall financial position. Develop the long-term financial sustainability of the organisation, maximising earned income and securing funding from statutory and non-statutory sources.
Kingston WelCare has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees and volunteers to promote its policies in their work.
The equal opportunities policy applies to employment and advancement and all employees will be recruited, trained and promoted on the basis of abilities, job requirement and fitness for that work. No applicant or employee should receive less favourable treatment on the ground of race, nationality, ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, faith or non-faith or disability, or be disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable.
It is the nature of the work of KW that tasks and responsibilities are, in many circumstances, unpredictable and varied. All staff are therefore expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises and tasks which are not specifically covered in this job description may have to be undertaken as directed by the KW Trustees.
Please submit a CV and cover letter no longer than two pages as part of your application.
- The final date for applications is on Friday 02 July 2021
- First round interviews will be held in the week beginning 19 July 2021
- Interviews will take place via Zoom
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.