This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of the finance department and for producing all external financial reporting. The role combines leadership of a team along with significant personal contribution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The supervision of the finance team to ensure that:
- day-to-day accounting functions are performed as necessary, all deadlines are met and financial controls are operated. This includes overseeing and authorising transactions for the various purchase and nominal ledgers, payrolls, income and reconciliations.
- financial information is both accurate and prepared on a timely basis.
- ad hoc financial, tax and VAT issues are resolved including one-off fore and unusual movements, presentations and reports.
- The preparation of monthly;
- management accounts, cash forecasts and any external reporting requirements such as ONS surveys.
- Preparation of all year-end statutory accounts for the Charity and subsidiaries, leading the audit process and maintain the relationship with the auditors, including any associated company filings required throughout the year. Attendance at Audit committee to present statutory accounts.
- The review of monthly:
- project reports including funding and costs.
- The preparation of further quarterly reporting including Italian management accounts and internal regional reporting as well as quarterly reforecasting and reporting to the board of Trustees.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget for Landmark and Lundy with the support of the Head of Corporate Services.
- Account manage the financial system (NetSuite), liaising with the suppliers, managing training and liaising with the IT Manager in relation to any integration with other software used by Landmark including SalesForce. Oversee any system developments for payroll (iTrent) and the finance systems including the implementation or configuration of further functionality.
- Preparation and filing of quarterly VAT returns and ensuring HMRC regulatory compliance across the entire organisation. Preparation of annual VAT reconciliation
- Assist the Head of Corporate Services in the renewal and management of the Trust’s insurance affairs, liaising with Landmark’s insurance broker and administering the insurance policies and the annual renewal cost-effectively.
- Manage the Landmark Trust’s company car provision and any review.
- Other duties as are required to ensure the smooth running of the finance department and the preparation of accurate and timely information.
Head of Corporate Services
Works Closely with:
Head of Corporate Services
All internal departments
- Management and Leadership of Finance team
- Timely and accurate production of monthly and quarterly management accounts
- Produce and distribute accurate and timely financial information to support the Head of Corporate Services and other departments as required
- Ensure that all HMRC requirements are adhered to including quarterly VAT returns
- Work closely with our banking providers to ensure that our banking arrangements are both secure and in line with our mandate and Scheme of delegation
- Excellent team leadership and direction towards achieving time oriented goals
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and FRS102
- High attention to detail and ability to produce accurate and reliable financial data
- Ability grasp and communicate complex financial data to non-finance professionals
- Strong technical abilities, in particular with regard to VAT
- Excellent IT skills both in utilising and developing financial systems