Teen Program Manager
Looking to gain experience in the non-profit world? Want to volunteer abroad?
The Light and Leadership Initiative (LLI) is offering a unique and incredible opportunity to the right individual. We are seeking a Teen Center Program Manager for our program headquarters in Huaycan, Peru, a developing community on the outskirts of Lima, Peru.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be able to work in a team or independently
- Be able to adapt to new situations and living environments
- Enjoy working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Have demonstrated leadership experience and skills
- Enjoy working with teens
- Previous experience living abroad is a plus
- Commit to at least 12 months of interning with LLI + training time (at least 2 weeks)
- Have an interest in working with a grassroots nonprofit and making a difference
The Teen Center Program Manager position consists of the following responsibilities:
- Work in the office to brainstorm ideas, organize the program, schedule meetings with local and international volunteers, and carry out any other behind-the-scenes work needed to ensure the success of the program
- Work at the Teen Center reception desk, signing teens in/out of the center, inputting daily attendance data, checking in/out library books, etc.
- Work in the Teen Center to promote the program and encourage teens to get involved
- Run the day-to-day operations of the Teen Center
- Plan special events on a weekly basis
- Co-facilitate leadership classes and assist teens in organizing leadership projects in the Huaycan community
- Help plan future TC events/programs
- Contribute in weekly management meetings
Work directly with teens and local and international staff and volunteers in one of the best environments possible!
This position requires an advanced Spanish speaking level, interest in working in youth development, and a 12 month commitment in exchange for free room and board.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.