The Lily Foundation are recruiting for an experienced fundraiser with expertise across a wide range of income streams to join us NOW.
This is an exciting new role for an experienced fundraiser. The Fundraising Manager will work closely with the Head of Marketing to enable The Lily Foundation to increase our fundraising demographics and to generate more income from individual donors, charitable trusts, corporates, and other relevant sources in order to achieve the financial targets set in the charity plan and annual budgets.
The Lily Foundation is the UK's leading charity dedicated to fighting mitochondrial disease. Our mission is to support people whose lives are affected by the condition, raise awareness and fund research into its prevention, diagnosis and treatment. 10 million people in the UK suffer from diseases in which mitochondrial dysfunction is believed to be involved, and every day in the UK a baby is born that will develop mitochondrial disease. The Lily Foundation is fighting to change this, with our aim being to one day find a cure for mito.
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing and CEO on the creation, growth and development of the charity’s fundraising strategy, reviewing and improving this strategy and management of the implementation.
- Identify and maximise any funding opportunities.
- Identify and research new sources of funding in the corporate sector and develop support from individual donors and effectively maintain these relationships
- Build the individual giving database, both major donors and low level regular giving.
- Work with Head of Marketing on annual events and manage all other sponsored fundraising events.(marathons, bake sales etc.)
- Lead on ensuring that grant applications are finalised and submitted in a timely manner and meet the required criteria.
- Work closely with Marketing to ensure effective and unified messaging across the organisation to its various stakeholders and partners.
- Deliver the annual income target set by the Board
- Report to Head of Marketing and Manage a p/t fundraising co-ordinator and a p/t grants administrator
- Demonstrable experience of succeeding in a target driven role
- An experienced and determined individual with at least 3 years of fundraising experience in the charity sector.
- Excellent organisational and project management skill
- Strong track record of fundraising across corporates, individuals, and charitable trusts.
- Experience of contributing to the planning and implementation of fundraising strategies across a wide range of fundraising disciplines.
- Identify new opportunities, generate ideas and creatively solve problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to construct and complete compelling funding proposals to engage a variety of partners.
- Is self motivated and is able to work well within a small team
- An understanding and appreciation of The Lily Foundation’s work.
The fundraising manager will be based at our Head Office in Warlingham, with the ability to travel to Brighton but there will be the opportunity to work from home.
Please send us a copy of your CV with a cover letter, by clicking on Apply