The Volunteer Manager will be a key member of the Senior Management Team at this young and rapidly expanding charity, making it possible for suicidal people to receive free, ongoing and confidential listening.
Responsible for supporting volunteers (currently 400 active) and managing a team of 5 staff members, we are looking for someone who can operate at all levels with excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills. The post holder will ensure we have the right systems in place for volunteers to thrive whilst they support our vulnerable visitors face-to-face, and will work collaboratively with senior colleagues during this exciting period of expansion from single site to multi-site. The ideal candidate will be able to harness the passion and enthusiasm of our volunteers to help us to reach and support more people in need.
If you are passionate about mental health and supporting suicidal people, and would enjoy being involved in a caring, collaborative organisation as it expands its service across London, we would welcome an application from you.
Experience and knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years supporting volunteers or working in a charitable organisation
- Demonstrable experience of rapidly growing a large volunteer team
- Demonstrable track record of developing guidance, resources and procedures for volunteers
- Demonstrable experience analysing and harnessing data in line with regulatory requirements
Skills, competencies, personal qualities
- Commitment to The Listening Place’s purpose and values including equality, diversity and social inclusion
- Capable of independent judgement and analytical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and written skills and ability to work with empathy, tactfulness and discretion in dealing with sensitive situations
- Ability to build positive and sympathetic relationships with volunteers, staff team members and mental health professionals
- Excellent IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to delegate to and empower staff team members
- Ability to balance pressures of conflicting priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt in a rapidly growing environment
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV and covering letter. More details for this role and how to apply can be found in the attached Job Decription.
The closing date for applications is Friday 13th November.
Shortlisting and interviews
The Listening Place is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to ensuring all applications are treated fairly. We encourage applications from all sections of the community.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.