This is a crucial role cultivating and stewarding long term, strategic relationships with one of TLMA's most important supporter groups, the corporate sector. The main purpose of the role is to strengthen the financial and strategic support for the work of the Appeal from the corporate sector, through the effective stewardship of existing relationships and by securing new partnerships. Corporate partner income is the main source of TLMA’s financial contributions to its beneficiary charities, each of which are key to it fulfilling its vision to create A Better City for All. The Corporate Partners Manager is also responsible for supporting the organisation’s annual impact review process. This involves overseeing the production of the annual Impact Report and the annual Impact Reception.
Strategy & Planning
- Develop and execute an annual Corporate Partners Plan that outlines how TLMA will maximise income and strategic impact from the corporate sector, through new business and existing relationships
- Develop a corporate partner stewardship and communications plan that outlines how TLMA will maximise relationships with the corporate sector, in terms of the duration and value of relationships, through a variety of engagement opportunities and communications activities.
- Contribute to the ongoing review and development of TLMA strategy
- Support the development of the Appeal Case for Support, fundraising streams and propositions as necessary.
- Achieve annual corporate partner income targets, through a combination of new business and corporate partner renewal and upgrades
- Manage all aspects of new business development, including research and qualification, cultivation, approaches, contracting and onboarding
- Develop corporate partner cultivation activities, with support from Appeal colleagues
- Ensure the pipeline of prospective corporate partners is actively managed, with new prospects added on a regular basis
- Identity and secure opportunities for pro bono support and Gift in Kind.
- Develop, monitor and accurately forecast the corporate partner income and expenditure budgets
- Work closely with TLMA CEO, Trustees, Fundraising Board and TLMA Advisory Board, and the Lord Mayor to grow the portfolio of corporate partners.
- Outstanding relationship management of the portfolio of corporate partnerships, delivering first class stewardship to increase engagement, value and longevity of support.
- Provide briefs for our key stakeholders for key meetings with prospects and partners.
- Steward relationships with key decision-makers within corporate partners and prospects, liaising with Directors, CSR Managers and executives.
- Devise and implement stewardship plans, which ensure powerful and long-term relationships with corporate funders.
- Plan, co-ordinate and secure attendees for promotional engagement events.
- Build positive and productive relationships with TLMA team and charity partners.
- Work with the wider TLMA team especially linking corporate partners with TLMA though leadership programmes including Power of Inclusion, This is Me, We Can Be and City Giving Day.
- To identify and secure potential sponsorship opportunities for the Appeal Events portfolio and the Appeal in general.
- Oversee volunteers, interns and or interim staff to support the programme.
- Produce excellent presentations, proposals and reports as required for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop the annual impact report, to ensure continued support by partner organisations and encourage other to join.
- Develop the corporate partnerships communications plan to maximize awareness, recruitment and impact.
- Develop all comms to support and drive the Corporate Partners Programme initiative including newsletters, breakfast events, letters from the Lord Mayor, and website.
- Ability to engage and win people over, conveying complex ideas succinctly and persuasively.
Monitoring, measuring &, recording
- Ensure that corporate partner records are accurate and up to date on the TLMA database (e-tapestry).
- Maintaining good corporate partnership records and filing systems, inputting key information into the database and income spreadsheets
- Ensure that the corporate partnership records are updated by all members of the team so that relationships and comms with stakeholders are easily accessible to the wider team
- Support the Appeal Team to organise/resource cultivation events to engage prospects and build relationships with them as necessary
- Assist with event table sales as/when necessary and attend all Appeal events
- Undertake charity partner visits and partner/stakeholder meetings as necessary
- Support other tasks within the remit of the job may be required from time to time
- The job holder will be consulted about any proposed changes line management when required
- Gain a full understanding of the strategic aims of TLMA in order to maximise opportunities and ultimately secure financial support and gifts in kind.
- Follow best practice in all aspects of fundraising and keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate fundraising.
- To work flexibly and collaboratively across the organisation to achieve organisational aims and objectives, gaining a full understanding of the strategic aims of TLMA to maximise opportunities
- Willing to work occasional mornings and evenings (outside of core hours) to support on Fundraising events
- Support the CEO as required with additional tasks as required
- To work within TLMA's policies and procedures
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.