The only UK charity solely dedicated to providing cancer bereavement support is looking to take on a part-time administrator (2 days / 16 hours per week) as it embarks on an exciting phase of going from providing local to national support. The position has a salary of £25,000 pro rata (FTE equivalent).
The Loss Foundation has established a strong core and is now in a great position to extend its reach and support. This role provides a fantastic opportunity to work across a range of areas and to join a team of compassionate and forward thinkers.
The role is based out of a shared working space in Kings Cross, Central London, and there is the opportunity for some home working. There can be flexibility on how the hours are allocated across the week.
This is a great opportunity to work for a growing charity that makes a big difference, and in a flexible role. Interview date will be set for the end of February / early March 2020.
Please note we are offering an initial one year contract with a view to extending to a permanent contract. There is flexibility for the two days worked but there is a preference for the successful candidate to work on Tuesdays.
The role will involve:
- General administration duties
- Email and telephone correspondence
- Responding to enquiries from the public, which may include dealing with emotive content
- Spreadsheet creation and maintenance, and data inputting
- Development and maintenance of a customer relation database
- Maintenance of social networking sites
- Liaising with professionals, volunteers and other services
- Coordinating schedules, staff and volunteers
- Organising and scheduling charity events, and updating our website's calendar
- Basic finance (organising payments)
- Basic fundraising applications
- Taking minutes at meetings
- General charity and Board support
The position will require excellent verbal and written communication skills, and would suit somebody who has previous administrator experience.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: ESSENTIAL:
- Experience in administration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good people skills
- Sensitive and empathic manner
- Knowledge and experience of up-to-date social networking
- High level of I.T and computer skills
- Ability to take initiative and a forward thinking approach
PERSON SPECIFICATION: DESIRABLE:
- Experience in administration in the third sector
- Experience in fundraising
- Ability to provide creative and innovative ideas for charity development
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter (explaining your interest and relevant experience) via the apply method below. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!