The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Officer supports Malala Fund’s MEL function as a core member of the Programmes team matrixed to the Advocacy team. They will be responsible for supporting the MEL manager in conceptualizing and implementing the MEL frameworks and systems for all of Malala Fund programmes, as well as being responsible for leading the MEL for the global and national advocacy initiatives.. The MEL Officer will support the implementation of MEL processes and tools and work with team members to track, document and communicate results to internal and external stakeholders.
Through these activities, the MEL Officer will contribute to the enhancement of organisation impact and guide internal learning. They will provide technical MEL support to help Malala Fund learn and accelerate progress towards its goal of a full course of education for all girls.
Responsibilities and tasks
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Programmes:
- Support Programmes team’s monitoring and reporting activities, working with team members to use MEL tools and implement MEL frameworks.
- Assesses and articulates programme progress towards impact through regular reports and other platforms.
- Support Malala Fund staff, grantees, and other stakeholders to use relevant MEL tools and processes.
- Supports MEL Manager with implementation of external evaluations and internal assessments.
- Assumes other Programmes MEL support as needed.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning for Advocacy:
- Designs Malala Fund’s advocacy MEL framework with the support of the MEL Manager.
- Support Advocacy team’s monitoring and reporting activities working with team members to rollout and use MEL tools and implement advocacy MEL guidance.
- Assesses and articulates progress towards advocacy objectives through regular reports and other platforms.
- Support Malala Fund staff, grantees, and other stakeholders to use relevant advocacy MEL tools and processes.
- Designs and implements After Action Reviews with staff and grantees to capture major advocacy achievements.
MEL Data Management:
- Support the MEL Manager in identifying and implementing an appropriate and effective MEL data management system that is compatible with other organization wide systems (finance and grant management).
- Design and implement a MEL data management process that collects, collates and disseminates activity, output and some outcome data.
- Create and implement programme performance dashboards for Malala Fund management to use for decision making.
- Support Malala Fund grantees in populating and using the MEL data management system, troubleshooting and providing technical support when necessary.
- Regularly review, organize and synthesize MEL data collected through Malala Fund’s tools and processes.
- Contributes relevant data and content to Malala Fund reports to external stakeholders from Malala Fund’s grants management systems and other sources.
- Presents MEL data to Malala Fund staff in accessible and visually appealing ways.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Significant experience in MEL within international development required, with specific experience with feminist, advocacy or education MEL desirable.
- Significant experience with programme implementation in the Global South, with a special emphasis on candidates with lived experience in one of Malala Funds programme countries.
- Experience in designing and implementing MEL data management systems for complex programmes and initiatives highly preferred.
- Skills in data collation, analysis, visualization and creation of internal and external reports.
- Experience in designing and managing programme performance dashboards would be an added advantage.
- Solid problem-solving skills with high attention to detail, accuracy and quality
- Passion for Malala Fund's mission and a proven track record of building and sustaining strong and diverse relationships