Job Title: Prospect Researcher
Hours / contract: 22 hours per week / Initially 12 month contract with the possibility to extend depending on results
Salary: circa £33k FTE
The Mary Rose Trust is responsible for conserving and displaying King Henry VIII’s favourite ship which sank in 1545 and was raised from the seabed in 1982. The hull and her unique collection of artefacts are on display in Portsmouth for this and future generations. It is also responsible for the world-class museum and visitor experience, and as a scientific and educational resource. The Mary Rose is a unique and moving experience of everyday life in Tudor times, presented in an immersive manner through original artefacts, scientific research and emotionally compelling insights into the crew.
The Trust is now seeking to appoint a Prospect Researcher to be responsible for identifying, researching and establishing links with high value donor prospects. This is an important new role within the organisation to assist income growth and will be responsible for supplying leads to the CEO and Head of Development.
To be effective in this role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least three years fundraising and prospecting experience, with clear evidence of researching individuals and finding links/relationships to enable successful introductions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of prospect management and using data management techniques to support fundraising
- Good team working, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Sound current working knowledge of Data Protection and GDPR compliance
You will be an energetic, creative and driven individual, with a proactive and positive approach. If you feel you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, we very much look forward to hearing from you.
This is a unique opportunity to make a difference for a British icon. To apply, please submit your CV and supporting statement as soon as possible quoting our reference JO1695.
For any further information, please contact Adam Stacey at Charisma Charity Recruitment.
Closing date for applications: 11 September 2019
First interview date: 1 or 2 October 2019