At The Maypole Project you’ll find talented people working together to provide vital emotional support to children with complex medical needs and their families. The work you do will have a direct impact on people’s lives, so if you’re ready to explore your potential, this could be the place for you.
This role is part of an exciting and growing area of the charity and there are opportunities to take on additional projects if the candidate has the ambition to grow the role. This is a 12month paid internship and supported by the Jack Petchey Internship programme.
As part of this funded internship you will receive an extra training bursary of £1,000 for approved training. You will also be matched with a mentor from another organisation to support you in your professional development.
This role offers the ability to get involved and hands on with a wide range of projects and events. The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn the key skills of fundraising such as; event management, marketing and promotion, administration and donor care.
- Providing support and assistance to the Fundraising Manager, to deliver the upcoming calendar for all events. Including community events, beneficiary events and staff led events
- Managing calls and emails and responding to fundraising enquiries
- Managing relationships with third party suppliers to develop third party events, including researching new challenge events to add to the portfolio
- Supporting the Fundraising Manager in organising flag-ship staff-led events
- Managing the Fundraising Team’s event materials and supplies, maintaining stock and placing orders for new materials
- Creating engaging social media posts promoting fundraising initiatives
- Managing bucket collection appeal, recruiting volunteers and organising venues
- Ensuring supporter information is accurately put onto the database
- Working closely with the Volunteer Manager to recruit and coordinate volunteers for events
- Developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Take a full part in the Jack Petchey Internship development programme and the mentorship programme
- Passionate about fundraising and event and project management
- Ability to communicate with the general public by phone and written communications
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Good time management skills, ability to prioritise own workload
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility with working out of hours and weekends when necessary
- A real team player who effectively interacts with peers and helps motivate other members of the team
- Reliable, conscientious and dedicated
Applicants should be available to join us by 31st January 2022 at the latest in order to participate in the internship programme. The role will a mix of remote and office-based working.
Please note that this is a 12 month contract that has been funded by the Jack Petchey Foundation.
This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.