An exciting opportunity has opened up to join Maytree’s Income Generation team. We are looking for an exceptional Trusts and Foundation Fundraiser to take the lead on written funding applications and reports ahead of our impending Manchester replication.
Candidates should have experience of successful 5-figure applications, will possess excellent writing skills and a thorough knowledge of UK Trusts and Foundations. Not least, the successful candidate should have an interest in mental health issues.
The role: As the Trust & Foundation fundraiser you will be a reliable self-starter who will enjoy an entrepreneurial role working for a small ground-breaking charity. You will be officer responsible for implementing a successful programme of fundraising from Trusts and Foundations, and other statutory and non-statutory grant making bodies to an agreed annual target.
Key responsibilities & duties include:
- To identify and research national and Manchester specific Trusts and Foundations and other grant making bodies who have the potential to make donations to Maytree and to establish links where appropriate.
- To develop, write and deliver creative high quality funding proposals in line with the organisations strategic aims.
3. To ensure that all reporting requirements are met and reports submitted according to agreed schedules and in line with funders’ criteria.
4. To maintain accurate records and information about all Trust and Foundation applications and ensure that data entered into Salesforce is up to date and accurate.
5. To additionally research and provide profiles on already-identified prospective major donor and corporate funders.
- Educated to degree level [Desirable]
- Demonstrable relevant experience, minimum of 3 years, in a related field (preferably a health related charity)
- Significant experience of working in trust/grant making role
- Significant experience in bid writing and producing reports
- Proven successful track record of generating and raising income from Trust and Foundations and other grant making bodies
- Of developing project budgets
- Ability to build and sustain relationships and networks across all levels of seniority
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and oral, with the ability to articulate clearly and persuasively Maytree’s messages to a wide range of audiences including funders, prospective funders, referrers, potential guests, volunteers and Trustees
- Excellent prospect research skills and knowledge of funding sources
- Ability to service own day to day admin needs including excellent IT skills
- Experience of working with Salesforce or a similar fundraising database.
- Proven negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Commitment and ability to engage with Maytree’s work with the suicidal and demonstrate Maytree’s values and ethos
- Flexible, motivated, persuasive, warm individual
- Relational and empathic communicator
- Ability to think creatively and to respond quickly to new opportunities and changes in the funding environment
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work independently and as a team player, positive and proactive approach to work
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
If you are interested in the post and wish to apply then please send your CV with a supporting statement. Your supporting statement needs to address each point in the person specification, and be no more than two sides of A4 page.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.