Position Fundraiser for the charity
Hours 25 hours a week
Salary £17,000 annum
Pension Workplace pension
Holidays 4 weeks plus public holidays
Based at Home based
Key Responsibilities for Fundraiser
1. Raising money for the charity
2. Be the first point of contact for all incoming fundraising enquiries.
3. Initiate fundraising campaigns for general funds (including ME Awareness Week) and Appeals, if required by Trustees, for specific projects.
4. Develop strategies to build relations with existing and potential donors.. Create all necessary promotion materials (leaflets, website, social media etc) to support individual giving.
5. Create and keep up-to-date a donor and fundraising database.
6. Write reports on donations for Board meetings.
- Personable and of a friendly nature
- Ability to inspire and motivate supporters
- Happy to spend a significant amount of time communicating with individuals remotely (phone, emails, social media, video)
- Confident to use own initiative as part of a small team
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally, Certificate in Fundraising from Institute of Fundraising, but this is not essential
- Experience in individual giving with a charitable organisation and of charity database administration
- Good communication and IT skills, including social media and Microsoft Office
- Ability to keep financial records
Applicants should submit their CVs and a covering email describing why they would like to work for our charity to:-