We’re The Mix, a charity that provides free, confidential support for young people aged under 25. We believe all young people should be able to make informed choices about their physical and mental wellbeing so that they can live the lives they choose.
Life is tough, we know that. But support doesn’t have to be. That’s why we’re here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have.
We’re now looking for a Philanthropy Manager to join our team and deliver long term commitments from our major donors.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum DOE
- Matched pension contributions
- Flexible working
- 35 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays
- Eyecare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Weekly staff socials, plus summer and Christmas party
- Colleague of the month (with an award of half a day’s extra annual leave)
- Learning, development and training options
In today’s world, it is imperative that young people have a safe space where their voices are heard and they feel supported. Funding is our main resource that makes this possible – that’s where you come in.
If you have experience of managing staff or volunteers and a track record of delivering income from major donors, this is the perfect opportunity to support our services that empower young people.
So, if you want to play a leading role within a friendly and collaborative team whilst facilitating the work of our incredible charity, we want to hear from you.
As our Philanthropy Manager, you will be tasked with raising funds for our charity through existing and potential major donors.
Planning and managing the stewardship and cultivation of relationships, you will forge bonds with donors to secure major gifts and manage programmes and campaigns that deliver £10,000 - £500,000.
Reporting to the Head of Fundraising, your role will involve:
- Producing annual plans, budgets and KPIs for major donor revenue generation
- Collaborating with our senior management to generate a pipeline of new prospects
- Creating exciting projects that generate funding
- Implementing and improving our philanthropy strategy
- Attending fundraising and profile-raising events and relevant sector forums
To join us as the Philanthropy Manager, you will need:
- Experience line managing staff and/or volunteers, preferably in a fundraising environment
- A proven track record of successful income generation from major donors
- A strong network within the charity and philanthropy sectors
- Skills in producing exciting, professional-looking fundraising proposals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- The motivation to achieve targets and enjoy building strong relationships at a senior level
Ideally, you will have experience working with Salesforce or similar fundraising databases, such as Raisers Edge, but this is not essential. An understanding of safeguarding data, confidentiality, safe working practices and GDPR compliance would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Major Donor Manager, Income Manager, Donations Manager, Fundraising Manager, Corporate Partnerships Manager, Supporter Engagement Manager, Corporate Fundraising Manager, or Senior Fundraising Executive.
This is a full-time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with occasional evening and weekend work.
Webrecruit and The Mix are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking to make a positive change as a Philanthropy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.