About The Mix
The Mix is a free, confidential support service for under 25s - making a massive difference to over two million young people in the UK each year. Whatever issue a young person is facing, The Mix is always there for them - online, over the phone or via social media. It connects young people to experts and their peers to talk about everything from money to mental health, from homelessness to jobs, from break-ups to drugs.
Today’s young people face an unprecedented range of challenges. They are possibly the first generation worse off in physical and emotional terms than their parents. The Mix’s mission is to ensure that every young person can make informed choices about their wellbeing – wherever and whenever they are.
Vision, Mission and Values
What we do: The Mix is here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions, and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have in order to give them the best support through our digital and phone services.
Vision: To be the first point of contact for under 25s. We know that with the right skills and opportunities, you can take on anything that life throws your way.
Mission: To empower everyone under 25 in the UK with the knowledge, skills and confidence to make the right first steps in life. Life is hard, but support doesn’t have to be.
- Empowering - we lead, we train & support, we respect, we give space to grow, we give power to chose
- Brave - we innovate, we pioneer, we take risks, we tell it how it is
- Supportive - we listen, we encourage, we care, we’re understanding, we are empathetic
- Collaborative - we are open & transparent, we co-create, we respect, experience & expertise
- Proactive - we create situations, we make things happen, we get things done
- Non-judgemental - we do not judge, we do not criticise, we do not blame
Job title Trusts & Foundations Manager
Department Fundraising & Development
Reporting to Head of Fundraising
Key areas of responsibility:
- Developing and implementing a trust and foundation fundraising strategy to achieve against annual trust fundraising targets.
- Identifying and cultivating major funders and funding streams to grow income from these organisations and expand our sustainable prospect pipeline.
- Establishing and developing appropriate relationships with individuals and their organisations to grow income for the charity year-on-year.
- Manage our core funding – focusing on unrestricted income, from large and small funders.
- Work across the charity, especially with the service delivery directorate, to collaboratively create exciting and impactful projects.
- Get those projects funded - through compelling proposals, creative pitches and appropriate applications to a broad range of funders.
- To write reports for funders on how their donation has helped young people
- Working closely with Head of Fundraising to report on and evaluate trust and foundation fundraising income, expenditure, and ROIs.
- To manage project budgets to ensure there is not over or under spend
- To represent The Mix externally at fundraising and profile-raising events and relevant sector forums.
- To keep abreast of and share developments in trust and foundation fundraising, statutory fundraising and major gifts.
- To do other related duties to this role, as required.
- A proven track record of successful income generation (6+figures) Trusts & Foundations and/or Statutory.
- Experience line managing staff and/or volunteers, preferably in a fundraising environment.
- Experience in project management – including budget development and day to day management, project planning and delivery, and project evaluation.
- Excellent people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as an active team member.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- A passion for working with young people.
- Experience is using file sharing systems such as SharePoint
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience and/or understanding of other fundraising income streams.
- Experience working with Salesforce, or similar database.
- A strong network within the charity and funding sectors.
- Interest and/or enthusiasm for using digital for good.
- Good understanding of safeguarding, confidentiality and safe working practices.
Terms and Conditions
£37,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Hybrid working - Office based in Central London (Old Street) with flexibility to work from home
4% employee contribution secures 4% employers’ contribution to stakeholder pension scheme
This post is full time Monday to Friday with 35 working hours a week. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required for which time of in lieu will be given.
You will be entitled to 35 days of holiday pro rata, which includes the 8 Statutory Bank Holiday during each year.
- Flexible and remote working available
- Eyecare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Weekly staff socials, plus Summer and Christmas Party
- Colleague of the month – awarded half a day extra annual leave
- Central London location
- Clinical supervision offered for front line services staff
- Coaching Environment
- Learning, development and training options
To apply, please include a short summary of relevant work experience (up to 500 words). Please DO NOT send CVs. - Please send answers to the following 5 questions. Each question has equal weighing.
1. Describe how you would approach a new Trust or Foundation funder to secure a large multiyear funding for The Mix. Include the process and your role in it. Use real examples from your experience. (up to 400 words)
2. At The Mix, we have a large amount of T&F funders all supporting different projects. Describe how you would manage this and accurately keep records of funding and reporting requirements. (up to 400 words)
3. How would you ensure that all teams at The Mix are consulted when building a bid for funding? (up to 400 words)
4. Give an
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.