Our local groups provide services and support to make a difference for local people affected by MS. Our Group Coordinators use their local knowledge and leadership skills to organise and oversee a local group.
We’re the MS Society – a community of people living with MS, scientists, campaigners, listeners, organisers, ambassadors and fundraisers. Our volunteers are a key part of achieving our goals and their support is vital. Join us.
About this opportunity
We are looking to recruit a Group Coordinator for the Worcester and District Group. Worcester & District covers Malvern, Evesham, Kidderminster, Bromsgrove, Redditch and Worcester city. This vacancy is for a joint Group Coordinator to work alongside the current Group
Coordinator to share responsibility for helping the local group to plan and lead services and activities, acting as an ambassador for the MS Society locally, and assisting in the recruitment and support of group volunteers. A small and friendly volunteer group, Worcester & District MSS meets regularly to plan social, information, fitness and other opportunities for people affected by MS in the area. Some volunteers are trained to offer support and information about local services, and the group provides grants to help pay for items that will have a significant positive impact on the lives of those affected by MS. The group also achieved funding for an advice partnership with DIAL South
Worcestershire, covering the whole county. They also produce a regular newsletter.
As a Group Coordinator you will be acting as an ambassador for the group, developing annual plans, leading the group’s activities and recruiting and supporting group volunteers. Activities:
- Coordinating the activities of our local group to meet the needs of the local MS community
- Coordinating the recruitment, induction and ongoing support of new local group volunteers
- Leading the group's shared responsibility for planning and reporting expenditure and income
- Approving income and expenditure with the other group bank account signatories and ensuring with the Finance Volunteer, that our financial requirements and policies relating to groups are followed
- Ensuring the group's activities comply with policies in order to keep people safe
- Regularly communicating and acting as a key contact between staff and volunteers
- Ensuring disclosure checks are completed and witnessed for volunteer roles that need them
- Leading the group's responsibility for designing and delivering services and activities in line with our principles of quality service delivery so that they are safe, effective and impactful
This is a great opportunity to gain experience within a large charity and develop your existing skills and learn new ones. We need you to get involved and help make positive changes to the lives of people affected by MS.
You’ll have an interest in the MS Society and the work that we do, as well as the enthusiasm to represent both us and our values locally. You will understand the needs of people affected by MS in your area and be sympathetic to the needs and motivations of volunteers. You’ll be able to coordinate and support a team of volunteers.
- Read through the role description carefully
The MS Society is committed to promoting diversity. We can only offer roles to over 18s.