The Mulberry Bush Charity is looking to appoint a:
Marketing and Communications Executive
Salary (£ 20 – 27,000)
Full or part time position
Based near Witney
Flexibility for some remote working
28 days + Bank Holidays holiday (pro rata)
The Mulberry Bush is a highly successful and forward thinking charity, which has been meeting the needs of traumatised children and their families since 1948.
‘To transform the lives of all those affected by childhood trauma, through specialist therapeutic services’
The successful candidate will deliver high impact, integrated marketing and digital communications to strengthen the Mulberry Bush brand, whilst working to promote individual charity services and supporter engagement. Working closely with senior management and all teams across the charity, this is an exciting opportunity to use the full range of your marketing and communications skills to help us achieve our charitable objectives and raise the money to make it happen.
Currently our services include:
- The Mulberry Bush School: a non-maintained residential special school and children’s home working with vulnerable and emotionally troubled primary aged children and their families. It has developed an outstanding reputation for successfully re-integrating severely emotionally troubled children back onto mainstream family, school and community life.
- The Mulberry Bush Outreach: offers training and consultation to develop reflective practice and collaborative working to strengthen the leadership cultures in mainstream schools and children’s social care organisations.
- The Mulberry Bush Research: Our research department is committed to research in therapeutic residential and foster care and aims to develop a research culture to influence practice nationally.
- The International Centre for Therapeutic Care: a global free alliance of child centred organisations that share therapeutic practice via our online The Therapeutic Care Journal.
- The Mulberry Bush Third Space: Our events and conference centre in Gloucestershire which holds the Planned Environment Therapy Archive and the National Child Care Library.
We offer a supportive multi- disciplinary working environment which includes comprehensive supervision, team working, relevant and regular training and with generous pay structures and holiday entitlements for all its staff.
Application deadline date: Fri 29th May 2020
Interview date: Wed 17th June (TBC)
Anticipated start date: July 2020
For further information and details on how to apply please contact Lucy Lowe by emailing her or visiting our website.
Responsibilities and Job Specifications
- Report to Head of Fundraising and Marketing, with close liaison with the CEO, COO and Service Leads
- Deliver integrated marketing / digital marketing communications, including strategy, execution, creative, production and reporting.
- Create electronic and hard copy collateral, including promotional assets, advertising, social media posts and website copy.
- Manage social media accounts and websites.
- End to end campaign management.
- Competent use of CRM system, Google Analytics and social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Manage all relevant agency relationships.
- Measure and report on campaign activity, including ROI.
- Educated to degree level
- 3+ years’ experience of marketing and communications, with proven track record of delivery, ideally including experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Responsible for driving marketing results and accountable for improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior level colleagues.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to problem-solve, prioritise tasks and manage multiple projects.
- Strong oral and written communication, presentational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills, but also highly creative.
The Mulberry Bush School is an equal opportunities employer and is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as its utmost priority and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be able to provide evidence of having the right to live and work in the UK and will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal background check from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.