Starting Point, which is part of The Mustard Tree Foundation, is an exciting Project that provides mentoring and creates opportunities for young people who face disadvantage.
A great opportunity has arisen for an individual who is passionate about supporting young people who are ‘hardest to reach’ and face disadvantage. We are looking for someone with previous experience in working with Young People 15-25 (either professional or voluntary) to join our team on the Staring Point Milton Keynes ‘Aspire Programme’. This role has clear pathways for progression in management as the project continues to grow.
The main purpose of the role is to provide mentoring and supporting volunteer mentors in accordance with the project’s values and objectives and within The Mustard Tree’s ethos and vision. This is a part time position on 22.5hrs per week, which includes some out of office hours and evening work. The key tasks are:
- Directly mentor a caseload of young people one-to-one.
- Assess the support each young person requires and complete relevant paperwork.
- Match young people to volunteer mentors.
- Complete ongoing research tailored to each young person.
- Research and connect with opportunities for the young people we support.
- Support in the delivery of mentoring training.
- Oversee a caseload of volunteer mentors.
- Match volunteer mentors to mentees.
- Provide ongoing information, advice, and guidance to volunteer mentors.
- Lead on the running of quarterly supervision sessions for mentors.
- Record outcomes of young people matched with a volunteer mentor.
- Write up mentee case studies and success stories.
- Regularly update the Starting Point database.
- Ensure evaluations, case studies, and Outcomes Stars are completed
- Support the Project Director with ongoing programme administration.
- Represent the Charity and its ethos.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to communicate the values, vision and ethos of the project and charity. The right candidate will also need experience of public speaking and/or running presentations; have a clear understanding of Safeguarding and be PC literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Please send your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to the HR team. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered for the role.
This role has opportunity to be outworked alongside another role as a part-time youth worker, taking the hours up to fulltime (This role is through our local partners New Life Church).
Interviews will be held ongoing.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.