Starting Point is an exciting initiative that recruits, trains and equips volunteers to mentor young people into education, employment or training. A great opportunity has arisen for an excellent communicator with experience supporting young people primarily from disadvantaged backgrounds. We are looking for someone with excellent social skills to mentor a caseload of young people and to assist our Mentoring Lead in the referral and matching of the young people to their mentors.
The main purpose of the role is to deliver specialist mentoring as part of Starting Point’s unique programmes, in accordance with the project’s values and objectives and within The Mustard Tree’s ethos and vision. This is a full-time position of 37.50 hrs per week, which includes some out of office and evening work. The key tasks are:
• Support the Mentoring Lead with the referral and matching process of the young people to their mentors.
• Mentor newly referred young people prior to their match with a volunteer.
• Provide ongoing support for mentoring partnerships.
• Regular mentoring of a caseload of young people who are ‘high need’ with complex barriers.
• Research and connect with opportunities for the young people we support.
• Represent the Charity and its ethos.
We are looking for someone who has the ability to communicate the values, vision and ethos of the project and charity, has experience of working with young people aged 15-25 (either professional or voluntary), and has good communication skills. The successful candidate will also need to be PC literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and understand the causes and effects of being NEET. It would also be desirable if you have experience of working in either the voluntary, health or social care sector with young people and experience in running training sessions and presentations.
One-year contract with a view to this extending, depending on funding.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to the HR team detailing why you are suitable for the role.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th December & Wednesday 11th December 2019.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.