Are you: An experienced leader in voluntary services? Interested in shaping the future of a large volunteering team? Keen to join a respected Charity offering vital hospice services across Warwickshire, Coventry and Rugby? Passionate about the contribution that volunteers can make in a multitude of roles? Yes? This could be your ideal next role.
Myton Hospices are seeking an inspiring Head of Volunteering to expand, lead and motivate our volunteer department. With over 600 volunteers across retail, clinical, events, fundraising, hospitality and multiple other teams, supported by a small volunteer services team, this is a critical role within the leadership team of our Hospices.
Your role will include:
- Promoting volunteering internally and externally to Myton, providing leadership and strategic direction across all volunteering activities
- Identifying volunteering opportunities and develop volunteering initiatives across all Myton teams
- Engaging and supporting paid employees to include, motivate and maximise the benefits of working with volunteers in their areas
- Planning and implementing innovative volunteer recruitment activities to attract and retain volunteers from a diversity of backgrounds and skill sets
- Developing and delivering volunteering guidance, procedures, policies and systems that meet legal and internal governance needs as well as encourage an excellent highly rewarding volunteering experience
The Myton Hospices is an organisation at the forefront of palliative and end of life care across Coventry and Warwickshire and with a national profile. We have three hospices, two inpatient units and an ever-developing range of outpatient and community-based services.
We have almost 300 staff and over 800 volunteers who are committed to improving the quality of life for patients and their families. Our people are central to the success of Myton working across our palliative care services, our fundraising, support teams and our extensive retail footprint. We are a much loved and well supported charity, at the heart of our community.
Myton is looking forward, post the pandemic – aiming to increase our reach and impact especially within our diverse communities, which will only be possible with an engaged and motivated workforce, equipped and ready for the challenges and changes that we all face.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Liz Jackson, HR Director.
Interviews will take place week commencing 1st November.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.