The National Academy for Social Prescribing (NASP) is looking for a National Lead for Older People. This is an exciting new opportunity for someone looking for a challenging, senior role with responsibility for shaping and overseeing the work we do for older people.
This role is supported through a strategic partnership between NASP and Independent Age with the aims of:
- Improving our understanding of the scale and nature of the needs of older people, and the provision of services and activities available in communities to promote the wellbeing of older people
- promoting the needs of older people, and those voluntary and community sector organisations working with older people, within social prescribing activities and networks locally, regionally and nationally
- identifying and shaping partnership opportunities to secure additional funding and help build capacity to enable future social prescribing activity to better support outcomes for older people.
Purpose of this Role
- Contribute towards a better understanding of the social prescribing activities, practices and services that best enable improved quality of life for older people.
- Deliver data on the critical success factors that will support the spread of activities and services for older people across the health system.
- Promote awareness of the evidence and adoption of good practice among commissioners, social prescribers, and providers.
- Build the capacity of voluntary and community sector organisations working with older people to be involved in social prescribing activity.
- Harness the reach and expertise of national organisations, especially those working with older people, to encourage local leadership and boost local community capacity.
- Improve the connection of voluntary and community sector organisations working with older people to health and care commissioners across Integrated Care Systems; developing two-way learning that understands and responds to pressures and drivers and so build mutually beneficial partnership approaches.
- Forge opportunities for organisations to work together to develop innovative partnerships and/or future delivery models that promote more effective/efficient outcomes for older people.
- Identify opportunities to secure further investment to drive the work of the partnership on an ongoing basis.
- Manage the relationships with specialist advisers.
- Budget Management - including day to day management, raising and processing payments and reporting
- excellent project management and organisational experience at a senior level in a relevant sector.
- at least 3 years relevant experience as a senior project manager including planning and budgeting.
- ability to prioritise work and be flexible in delivery.
- strong experience of supporting organisations to work in partnership.
- Self-starter, proactive, energetic leader with a collaborative mindset.
- Experience of working at a senior level, including playing a role in influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- excellent partnership and communication skills, written and verbal, both internally with peers and senior management, and externally with partners and stakeholders.
- knowledge and awareness of NASP's ambition
- knowledge of VCFSE sector
- Commitment to promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of your work.
How to apply
Please follow the link to our website and apply by email by 12:00 (midday) on Monday 13th December. NASP have the right to bring the application deadline forward as they deem fit.
- Covering letter outlining how you meet this brief, when you can start and where you saw the job advertised.
- Your CV
- Names and contact details of 2 referees, including from latest employer/ contracting organisation
Interviews will be held on Thursday 16th December so please keep that date free.
More information and a full job description is available on our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.