Office Supporters help our teams to provide the best support to deaf children, young people, their families and the people who work with them. Office Supporters volunteer during normal office hours (usually Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm). You will assist the Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team with administrative, clerical or customer service tasks so you need be enthusiastic and professional!
- Aged 18 years or over
- Time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Some basic computer skills, e.g. understanding what an excel spreadsheet is
- Willing to travel to and from our London office
What you will do
Our office volunteers are involved in a range of office work, such as preparing documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), providing administrative support, and contacting people on our behalf. The volunteer will help our Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team to:
- Call fundraisers before an event to wish them good luck and after to congratulate them
- Prepare cards to post to fundraisers
- Contact fundraisers to check up on fundraising buckets and record details
- Research basic information, e.g. what events are happening in a certain area
- Support the team administrator with other administrative tasks
You will also need to:
- Follow policies relevant to your role
- Be responsible for the quality of your volunteering
- Keep us and the Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team informed of any changes or problems
When you can volunteer
- During normal office hours (usually Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
- At least 2 days per week
- Days and times are flexible and can be negotiated with the Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team
- Start date is the week of 22 July
Training and support
The Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team will give you support and information about your role and you may also be asked to attend role-specific training.
You will have regular catch-ups with your Volunteer Supervisor in the Relationship & Partnership Fundraising team to check how you are getting on in the role and you will also be supported by the Volunteering team.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be asked to provide two references and complete a work and life activity record for this role. Travel will be provided and we expect you to travel by public transport. Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Please note that you will need to fill in an application form and applications close on 18 July.