The National Holocaust Centre and Museum
Job Title: Marketing and Partnerships Manager
Contract: Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
Start date: To be agreed
Salary: 25K-28K per annum dependent on experience
Annual Leave: 25 days plus 8 Bank Holidays per annum
Reports to: Director of Operations
Location: The National Holocaust Centre & Museum, Laxton, Nottinghamshire NG22 0PA.
The National Holocaust Centre and Museum (NHCM) is an award-winning Arts Council and Heritage Lottery Fund backed nationally styled museum in a beautiful rural Nottinghamshire location. We have two permanent museum exhibitions, stunning sculpture and memorial rose gardens and sector-leading interactive museum and online experiences. We welcome members of the public and school groups to learn about the roots of prejudice and discrimination and what we can do to be upstanders in society today. To further expand our reach we have a growing range of outreach programmes and digital offerings. At our heart is a family of Holocaust survivors whose testimonies and artefacts form a significant national collection that we continue to grow, ensuring their voices are heard for generations to come. Our primary audience is school pupils but there is huge potential to grow our non-school audiences.
Throughout lockdown, Covid-19 has proved digital assets and presence to be more important than ever. In response we grew our online content at an unprecedented rate to spread our message nationwide far beyond our physical location. As we reopen our museum site we are really keen to build on the online interest we have generated amongst non-school audiences, both to stimulate even more online engagement and particularly to increase physical footfall.
Job Purpose and requirements:
We are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic person to take a critical role in increasing our reach, driving footfall, promoting our unique offer and ensuring our non-school programming is audience focused. You will take the lead in developing and implementing high impact, cost effective, integrated marketing strategies that deliver against targets to increase footfall, engagement and income. You will develop key relationships with external stakeholders including tourism networks, local visitor attractions, heritage organisations and local media. You will also build on and develop relationships with faith organisations and special interest groups with the aim of building our numbers of group visitors. You will raise awareness and develop relationships with high profile local organisations such as football clubs and other museum / heritage / cultural arts organisations, identifying any partnership, fundraising or cross-promotional opportunities for sharing with curatorial, education and fundraising colleagues.
The Marketing and Partnerships Manager (MPM) will play a key role in this 12-month project to increase adult visitors both onsite and online, encouraging uptake in our learning, special interest and visitor programmes.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Visitor Numbers and Mix - including group bookings.
- Quantity and level of engagement through all online and offline channels.
- Generating sector intelligence on satisfaction from which to drive strategic decisions.
- Development of community, local and regional networks including the media.
- New community partnerships / collaborations. At least 1 major new partnership.
- Actively encouraging and strengthening links with a range of community groups, encouraging their participation in projects and events.
- Identifying and creating content and/or distribution partnerships with local, regional and national partners.
- Cultivating more frequent and higher value partnerships with East Midlands media outlets.
- Contributing to the growth of visitors/audiences on a local, regional and national level.
- Executing marketing communications initiatives across print, digital and broadcast (in collaboration with our Digital Content team)
- Promoting and championing NHCM’s creative and learning programmes to a range of non-school audiences and stakeholders.
- Promoting NHCM’s offer through attendance at events and networking groups.
- Consulting with audiences and groups to better understand how NHCM can cater to group needs.
- Work collaboratively with the wider NHCM team to make best use of resources to deliver an excellent visitor experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Education to degree level or with relevant professional qualifications or demonstrable relevant experience.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector, preferably within the heritage sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Holocaust (desirable).
- Proactive and resourceful, eager to learn and think out-of-the-box.
- Customer focused with the ability to understand customer needs and develop ideas to translate these into engaging online and/or physical activities.
- Ability to represent an organisation clearly and compellingly to different audiences.
- Naturally warm and enthusiastic, you will possess excellent networking, communication and presentation skills.
- Results driven, you will be the sort of person who is flexible, able to work independently but also enjoys a collaborative working style.
- Quick to pick things up and are able to see the bigger picture, with commerciality in mind.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing or partnerships role.
- Experience in the tourism industry, cultural or heritage attractions, museum or adult learning sectors.
- Managing own workload, effectively prioritising tasks and meeting deadlines.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with external stakeholders.
- Creativity and flair.
- Flexibility, positivity and enthusiasm.
To apply please submit your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role by the closing date which is Wednesday 13th October 2021
Please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.