Do you want to lead a team to inspire behaviour change in disadvantaged communities across the UK? If so, read on.
The National Literacy Trust is a national charity dedicated to raising literacy levels in the UK. One person in six in the UK has poor literacy skills that impact on every area of their life. A child without good reading, writing and communication skills can’t succeed at school, and as an adult they could be locked out of the job market. Poverty doubles the likelihood that, by the age of five, a child’s literacy skills will be below average.
We run projects in the poorest communities, campaign to make literacy a priority for politicians and parents, and support schools. Our mission is to give young people the literacy skills they need to get a job and lead a successful life.
We are looking for a creative Campaigns Manager with communications and behaviour change campaigning expertise to plan and oversee delivery of our local campaigns, spreading key messages to affect literacy behaviours among target communities in our National Literacy Trust Hubs.
- Salary of £36,000 per annum
- Pension (8% employer contribution)
- A generous annual leave allowance totalling 39 days (including Bank Holidays and office closure between Christmas and New Year)
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Season ticket travel loans
- Access to other health and wellbeing benefits including discounted gym membership, dental plans and health assessments
As the Campaigns Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team to plan and deliver communications and behaviour change campaigns in National Literacy Trust Hubs and other target areas.
You will use a range of different channels to spread key messages among communities, build relationships with local partners including the media, and manage campaign activities and events. You will also roll-out core communications initiatives across Hubs and regions.
The role is part of the marketing and communications team and reports to the Head of Policy and Local Campaigns. You will work alongside another Campaigns Manager, and with other members of the marketing and communications team and the communities team.
Additionally, you will:
- Line manage Campaigns Officer/s and oversee tasks and workload
- Plan and research innovative local channels relevant to target audiences to disseminate campaign messaging
- Test messaging with target audiences, e.g. through conducting focus groups
- Run community consultation sessions to identify and engage new partners
To join us as a Campaigns Manager, you will need:
- Experience of planning and delivering behaviour change and communications campaigns
- Media campaigning and outreach experience
- Experience of writing for different audiences and/or contexts
- Line management experience
- Strong IT skills, including using Microsoft Office and CMS systems and working with images and uploading content online
We are eager to hear from you if you have held the role of Campaigns Manager, Campaign Manager, Marketing Campaign Manager, Behavioural Change Campaign Manager, Charity Campaign Manager, Communications Manager, Comms Manager, or Marcoms Manager.
The closing date for this role is 10am, Monday 16th September 2019.
The National Literacy Trust is committed to being an equal opportunities employer and aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, ethnicity or religion.
So, if you want to make a difference as our Campaigns Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week