Are you determined to make positive change and help develop a truly inclusive culture?
The National Lottery Community Fund is committed to being fair, diverse and inclusive both internally and externally. This role of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Manager sits within our People Team and reports into our Deputy Director of People. This role is critical in helping us achieve our overall EDI strategy by working with the Senior Management Team, Colleague Networks and key stakeholders across the organisation.
We require somebody who has a strong understanding and professional knowledge of how to deliver an ED&I strategy, working with colleagues in the People Team to deliver a programme of activity to achieve positive change.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the delivery of the people-related actions in the Fund-wide Fairness and Inclusion Strategy and a broader culture change, helping us to be an even greater place to work
- Identifying & developing key workstreams, policies and activities to achieve positive impact and change
- Providing expertise and guidance to improve and enhance our processes, recruitment and retention strategies
- Working with external bodies to benchmark progress, ensure best practice and keep up to date on latest developments in research and thinking
- Working closely with our Learning & Development team to develop a suitable EDI learning offer
- Listen, coach, challenge and influencing a wide range of stakeholders in a complex environment
- A credible subject matter expert in the field of fairness & inclusion with recent experience of successfully delivering EDI related activity
- Knowledge of equality legislation and best practice and working knowledge of the Public Sector Equality duty
- Evidence of managing and delivering a complex project
- Proactive decision making and problem-solving, using and analysing data
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to drive change, and take others with you
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, ability to challenge, support and influence multiple stakeholders at all levels
We seek to develop our staff and offer a wide range of personal development opportunities.
We offer a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
- Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Season ticket and cycle to work loans
- Paid volunteering leave
Communities in the UK come in all shapes and sizes. National Lottery funding is for everyone – we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and work hard to ensure our funding reaches where it is needed.
We also believe our people should represent the communities, organisations and individuals we work with. We are committed to being an inclusive and great place to work, and recognise our people come from diverse backgrounds. As such we particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds, LGBT+ and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We welcome applications from disabled people and will proactively make reasonable adjustments if needed through the recruitment process and during employment. This can be related to a physical and mental health conditions.
We are also proud to be a Stonewall Diversity Champion, supporting our commitment to being a great place to work for LGBT+ staff.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.