The National Lottery Community Fund is the largest community funder in the UK - we’re proud to award money raised by players of The National Lottery to communities across the UK. Last year alone we gave out over half a billion pounds (£508.5 million) of National Lottery funding to over 11,000 community projects across the UK, enabling even more people and communities to bring their ideas and ambitions to life. We support a wide range of health, educational, environmental, and charitable projects with grants ranging from as little as £500 to multi-million-pound programmes. 86% of our new grants were for less than £10k.
At the heart of everything we do is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive. National Lottery funding is open to everyone and we’re privileged to be able to work with the smallest of grassroots groups right up to large UK-wide charities. We have changed how we work across the Fund to help us serve people and communities more effectively, working flexibly and on their terms; working closer to communities.
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a Funding Officer who will work in the West of England. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the National Lottery Community Fund in the South West. We are looking for a Funding Officer who is based closer to the communities we fund. You will be the main point of contact for communities and help us to bring our funding to even more people in the West of England.
We want you to build long term relationships and work effectively alongside people and organisations to develop their ideas. This will be from the initial proposal and application stage, overseeing grant management, and through to project completion.
We are looking for local, diverse and talented people who share our values and are passionate about funding great ideas that matter to communities and make a difference to people’s lives. We actively encourage applications from people who are passionate about communities and welcome those with lived experience of services.
You will ideally live within the West of England area or have easy access to it. You will work from a number of locations, including your home and our offices with the expectation that you will be flexible in order to get the best outcomes for our customers. Regular travel to our Exeter office will also be required with some occasional travel outside the region.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 18.5 Hours per week, flexible working considered
Interview Date: 31 July 2020
- Ability to nurture, develop and promote effective relationships and communication with colleagues, community organisations and other external agencies.
- Ability to read through and assess a high volume of applications, make good judgements and manage risk.
- Demonstrate sound IT skills and the ability to learn detailed processes
- Understanding of great customer service.
- Ability to develop a sound understanding of the needs and priorities in the West of England area.
- Be committed to own professional development and able to relate your learning experience to this role.
We seek to develop our staff and offer a wide range of personal development opportunities.
We offer a wide range of generous benefits including:
- Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
- Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Season ticket and cycle to work loans
- Paid volunteering leave
How to Apply
Please visit The National Lottery Community website or further details about the vacancy and our application process.
Equality, diversity and inclusion in our grant-making, and amongst our people, are all vital to our success in supporting people and communities to thrive. We believe our people should represent the communities, organisations and individuals we work with. We are committed to being an inclusive and great place to work, and recognise our people come from diverse backgrounds. We are a Disability Confident employer and positively welcome applications from disabled people.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.