This exciting part-time role is new, and we are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, self-motivated and proactive Fundraising and Communications Officer who can demonstrate a real passion for fundraising, and who can make a tangible contribution to increasing the Charity’s funding position. We require someone who understands the nature of what we do, and can emphathise with the vulnerable men we support.
Fundraising is an integral focus of income generation for the Charity and this post will contribute towards delivering the Fundraising Strategy for the Charity.
Communications is a key component of this role as the successful applicant will contribute towards delivering the Charity’s Communications Strategy, including its social media profile, publications and contribute towards the production of its promotional materials.
- To take responsibility for producing The Nehemiah Project’s external communications
- Raise awareness of The Nehemiah Project’s brand, services and reputation
- Contribute towards fundraising targets
Experience of fundraising, database and website management is essential.
- To manage and prepare copay forThe Nehemiah Project website and social media sites
- To produce case studies about Nehemiah Residents for the website, media use and fundraising
- Maintaining a database of photo, case studies and research/evidence to promote our work
- Write and distribute press releases to print, radio and television and respond to media enquiries
- To send quarterly update newsletters to all external stakeholders
- Run Communications campaigns to raise awareness of our services
- Represent the charity in a range of settings including presentations / talks, exhibitions and events
- To contribute towards the delivery of the Charity’s Fundraising Strategy
- Raise funds for our cause and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes/bid sheets/gift bags
- Research and identify potential donors/corporate sponsorship
- Develop and maintain a database of supporter, donors and potential funders
- To forge long-term mutually beneficial relationships with individual, trust and church supporters and raise funds towards the ongoing work of the Charity
- Develop a stewardship journey for corporates and individual donors
- Coordinate, prepare and submit small grant/trust applications for funding
- In the case of grant funding ensure that monitoring and evaluation processes are embedded across the organisation, ensuring that all grant conditions are met.
- support the Development Director with project evaluation and end of project reports
- Respond to enquiries from the public including responding to requests for information and material
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.