The Referrals & Occupancy Assistant will contribute to creating a positive, supportive environment where our Residents can change their lives. Teamwork is essential to provide continuity of care to our Residents, and candidates must be willing to be flexible in helping out other team members. To assist the Referrals Co-ordinator in the assessment and interviewing of men referred to the Charity, and liaison with referrals agencies.
The job description provides an indication of the roles and responsibilities for the post of Referrals & Occupancy Assistant, but is not an exclusive list of the duties that the post-holder may be asked to undertake.
- To assist the Referrals Co-ordinator in receiving and assessing referral applications, and answering enquiries about applications
- To maintain a good relationship with referring organisations, where appropriate visiting and organising presentations
- To manage a database to monitor referrals and maintain active waiting lists
- To arrange with the Referral Coordinator or colleagues to interview and assess the suitability of referrals (as per the Charity’s Admission Procedure), to ensure that offers are made, referral agencies informed and feedback to unsuccessful applicants
- To arrange for new Residents to be met at the prison gates and where appropriate to make alternative arrangements to assist their arrival at Nehemiah
- To suggest and make improvements to the referral process to increase occupancy levels as approved by the Referral Coordinator/Supported Housing Manager
Join our friendly and experienced team and discover the satisfaction of seeing men change their lives.