A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a Cheshire disability charity for someone to join the fundraising team in a community fundraising capacity. With an existing portfolio of community events and volunteer groups, this role offers the opportunity to increase income through these – but also grow new fundraising opportunities within the community. The role involves fundraising through all the usual community channels (rotaries, schools, volunteer groups) and also working with local businesses with a view to expanding corporate relationships.
To be considered for this role you must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated fundraiser looking to inspire those around you to raise income for our growing charity. You should be organised and self-driven and have an aptitude for maintaining strong relationships. Experience working toward targets is essential, as is a knowledge of fundraising and volunteer management.
- Developing, building and maintaining strong relationships with supporters in local communities
- Facilitating events and activities to reach agreed budgets and targets
- Recruiting, training, coaching, retaining and supporting volunteers in line with the current volunteer strategy in place
- Community Fundraising experience and expertise, including the delivery of supporter led income.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to put the supporter at the centre of everything we do and adapt behaviour or communications appropriately to provide the very best experience for supporter.
- Ability to work from own initiative and independently with an adaptable flexible approach.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise to deliver results within agreed timescales.
- Confident public speaker.
- Have a full UK Driving Licence and access to a car
This is an exciting opportunity, with very active volunteers already in place and the chance to put your own stamp on the role.
For an informal chat please contact Ben Dale