Events Management Internship: 6 months initially, with the possibility of extension.
Combination of office based and home working. To report to Head of Operations.
This is a paid internship
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen to join our vibrant, successful Fundraising team as Events Management Intern. As a key part of the Fundraising team, you will be responsible for implementing and delivering a portfolio of Events and Activities to raise funds and awareness of the Neuromuscular Centre (NMC), a pioneering disability charity in Winsford, Cheshire.
To be considered for the role, you must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated graduate, with previous paid or voluntary experience of working within the events industry or charity sector. You must be passionate about raising income and support for our charity and have the skills to develop income from our existing events, along with the potential to develop new, innovative events to engage our existing supporter base and encourage new support.
The role will include:-
· Assisting with the planning and delivery of NMC’s headline fundraising event, The Spirit of Christmas, which this year is a virtual concert. This will involve streaming the concert online, taking payment and donations from our supporters, running an online auction and mailing programmes.
· Managing the initial stages of Live in the Park, our outdoor tribute concert at Arley Hall and Gardens in July 2021. This will involve liaising with all suppliers, arranging for tickets to go on sale, seeking sponsorship and developing a marketing strategy to promote the event.
· Handling online, phone and face-to-face ticket orders and enquiries about all events.
· Recruiting and managing volunteers to support fundraising events.
· Nurturing relationships with existing volunteers and keeping regular contact.
· Implementing new events to add to our existing calendar, based on previous events intelligence and knowledge of our demographic.
What we are looking for:
· A Pro-active, organised and solution-focused person
· Confident with independent working
· A creative, entrepreneurial thinker with the confidence to put forwards ideas for new events, and the skills to take these from initial concept to delivery.
· An excellent communicator, comfortable speaking with people at all levels including suppliers, potential sponsors, volunteers and the general public.
· Confident user of Microsoft Word and Excel
· Confident user of Facebook and twitter
· Full UK Drivers License and access to a car is essential, as some travelling will be expected with the role.
· 1-2 years’ experience in events management, either paid or voluntary.
· 1-2 years’ experience in customer services
· Previous experience of working within a target driven environment and with a budget
· Administration/database experience
· Experience of Office 365
· Experience of using Instagram and other digital marketing platforms
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.