nia provides a wide range of services for women and children who have experienced sexual and domestic violence. The organisation has three main aims: to provide services for women, girls and children who have experienced men’s violence; contributing to ending male violence against women and girls, and to inform and influence policy and public awareness.
East London Rape Crisis provides a range of support services to women and girls affected by sexual violence; including an Information & Support line, counselling, advocacy and group workshops.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to become part of our team.
Our volunteers support women through our Information & Support telephone line, providing emotional and practical support to survivors of sexual violence, their friends, family and other professionals.
You will get:
- The opportunity to provide invaluable support to survivors of sexual violence from within a feminist framework
- The opportunity to volunteer within a leading, London-based violence against women organisation
- Full supervision & support
- Internal training on violence against women, safeguarding, helpline skills, organisational systems & policies
- A professional reference against the advertised Volunteer Profile that can be used for future employment.
Ideally, volunteers will:
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, issues relating to male violence against women and girls
- Be available for one of the below interview dates and all of the below training dates
- Be able to commit to volunteering for 3 hours per week for a minimum of 12 months
- Be able to commit to attending monthly team supervision. This currently takes place on the first Monday of each month from 18:00- 19:30pm (includes training and development opportunities).
How to apply:
Please visit our website to download a volunteer application pack and volunteer application form.CV’s will not be accepted. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
nia seeks applications from women who reflect the diversity of its client group and community, we particularly welcome applications from black and minoritised women and women who speak and write languages in addition to English
Travel expenses incurred during volunteering (to a specified amount) will be reimbursed with receipts.
Closing date for applications: 10am, 6 February 2020
Interview Dates: 13 and 14 February 2020
Training dates are:
- Friday 6th March 10:00- 16:00
- Saturday 7th March 10:00- 16:00
- Friday 13th March 10:00- 16:00
- Saturday 14th March 10:00- 16:00
- Friday 20th March 10:00- 16:00
- Saturday 21st March 10:00- 16:00
- Friday 27th March 10:00- 16:00
- Saturday 28th March 10:00- 16:00
Please note that we are looking for volunteers that can fill the following shifts:
Monday mornings 10:00- 12:00
Wednesday afternoons 14:30- 16:30
Thursday afternoons 14:30- 16:30
Friday mornings 10:00- 12:00
Friday Afternoons 14:30- 16:30
Less Priority Need:
Tuesday evenings 18:00- 20:00
Wednesday evenings 18:00- 20:00
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.