16hrs per week I Based in North Kensington, London I Flexible office / home based
We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Evaluation Manager to join our team. You will help The Nucleo Project to understand and communicate the impact it has on the children and young people who participate, as well as the wider community. You will lead on and deliver a framework for evaluating the project, and you will use this research to support the rest of the team to reflect on and improve its work.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a candidate who has excellent communication skills, experience in research, a rigorous and detail-oriented approach, and a strong ethos for working in a community-based charity focused on youth. The role will require someone who is both technically skilled and good with people, and who is excited about playing a key role in the organisation's development. A commitment to the charity’s mission is essential.
While not exhaustive, the following list of responsibilities gives a comprehensive overview of the role:
- Developing and co-ordinating the learning and evaluation programme, using a measurement framework created by Sound Connections as a basis
- Sourcing qualitative and quantitative data from our participants and the wider community, to include both musical and non-musical outcomes
- Creating strong processes for data management and for learning through data analysis
- Effectively communicating any learnings both internally and externally
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure the effective use of organisational learning in developing pedagogy and practice, and improving outcomes for our young people
Other core requirements
- As this role will require working closely with children and young people an enhanced DBS check will be required. We can arrange this for the successful candidate.
- We are actively interested in bringing people into the organisation from the widest possible pool of talent. We believe that having a wide range of perspectives and experience will help us do our work better. So if your life experience helps you to relate to our project, then we would especially like to hear from you.
The Nucleo Project was set up in 2013 to offer ensemble-based musical opportunities to children and young people in North Kensington, completely free of charge. We are part of the global El Sistema movement, which began in Venezuela in 1975.
Our students commit to an immersive and rigorous programme which fosters rapid progress and high achievement, as well as strong bonds within our community and a truly transformative difference in our young musicians’ day to day lives.
Interested? Please send your CV with contact details for 2 referees and a short supporting statement (max 2 sides A4) outlining how you fulfil the person specification for this post by end of day, Wednesday 8th July 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.