Are you a great administrator and communicator? Do you have experience of working on projects and are you keen to develop your project management skills? Do you think you can make a difference to our work to improve evidence for better health services?
The Nuffield Trust is looking for an exceptionally organised person to coordinate projects and programmes across the organisation and support project leads within the Policy and Research teams.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has up to date and accurate information about research projects. You will ensure that all contract documentation is complete, project progress is monitored to enable accurate invoicing, and that project leads provide information to enable progress reports to be provided to funders, to senior managers and where appropriate, to the Trustees. You will support the development of best practice project management across the organisation.
You will also support individual projects, providing project leads with support for the effective and efficient delivery of their work programmes. This includes the administration, resource planning and risk management of projects.
You’ll spend your time:
- Coordinating information about new funding opportunities
- Supporting the preparation of bid and proposal documents
- Preparing meeting agendas, coordinating papers and prepare minutes for committees
- Monitoring project activity and acting as the interface with the project team to ensure delivery against project milestones
- Establishing strong and constructive working relationships with project teams, working with project leads to support and resolve issues
- Supporting project management oversight meetings
- Supporting the implementation of project management best practice across the Trust
- Supporting the delivery of individual projects, and
- Assisting with research activities in support of projects.
We’d really like to meet you if you have:
- Strong administrative experience, with the ability to develop and operate clear processes
- Experience of working on projects, with the ability to learn, understand and apply project management skills and techniques
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with good communication and the ability to interact professionally with all staff across the organisation
- Highly developed organisation skills (self and others) with an ability to set and negotiate deadlines, and manage and support multiple projects at any one time
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of data protection and information governance arrangements for health and care data sources in the United Kingdom