We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and action-orientated Centre Coordinator to work on a range of events, activities and projects within a new innovative Research Centre exploring human wellbeing for a better world.
The Centre for the Study of Global Development (CSGD) is an innovative new research initiative in the OU’s Faculty of Wellbeing, Education and Language Studies. Launched in 2022, the new research Centre brings together all the faculty’s academic expertise to create a unified space for multi and interdisciplinary research with the objective of improving human wellbeing and advancing aspects of the sustainable development goals within and across all countries that relate to poverty, health, wellbeing, education, decent jobs, and employment.
The postholder will work closely with the CSGD management team, as well as with research leads, and academic staff across the faculty.
You will play a key role in supporting and developing the Centre’s research agenda and projects in order to maximise successful completion of its deliverables.
Skills and experience
- A levels or equivalent work experience.
- Experience of coordinating event, project or comparable activities, keeping to specific timelines and budgets and delivering on objectives.
- Experience of assisting with the preparation of documentation such as minutes, communication pieces, regulatory approval documents and reports.
- Experience of working environments that involve engagement with a range of countries, organisations and cultures.
- Experience of working collaboratively across different teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels.
- Strong IT skills including the ability to use software packages including Microsoft Office, and the ability to grasp new internal OU systems quickly.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.