We are currently seeking a Head of Fundraising to provide leadership, vision and inspiration across the organisation to drive income generation, grow the supporter base and raise awareness of the Orpheus brand and mission and produce strategies to enable and facilitate delivery of effective fundraising. This role sits in the senior management team, carries board reporting responsibilities and liaison with senior level networks in the sector.
The Orpheus Centre is an independent specialist College in Godstone, Surrey. We focus on developing independence skills through performing and visual arts and make dramatic improvements to young disabled adults’ lives.
35 hours per week / 52 weeks per year (hours may be altered on occasions according to the needs of the curriculum and organisation) Flexible working considered.
Salary: £55,000 to £60,000 per annum
Essential qualifications, knowledge skills and experience:
- Degree level education (or equivalent experience)
- 5 years+ team management experience in a fundraising/communications role
- High-level fundraising experience of personally securing five/six-figure donations
- Proven success of achieving targets in a capital appeal of £1,000,000+
- Experience of managing and developing a diverse funding portfolio
- Track record of innovation
- Management and development of database/CRM systems
- Familiar with the use of social media/digital communications
- Legislative environment connected to fundraising/communications
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- Outstanding communication skills
- High expectations of yourself, the organisation, other people including staff, volunteers and donors
Having an active interest/experience of performing arts, working with volunteers and related agencies and experience of increasing funds through digital initiatives desirable.
Orpheus is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all service users. We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities.
This post is classed as having a high degree of contact with vulnerable adults and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. It is therefore subject to an Enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure Barring Service.
In order to be considered you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Click https://bit.ly/3tAIw1P for a full job description and person specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.